• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Finding year on CAT forklift by serial number

Danielle

Occupation
Metal & Equipment Sales @ Joseph Fazzio, Inc.
Hello-
I'm trying to find the year on a CAT V300 B pneumatic forklift. I have the serial number and all of the other information on the plate but I can't seem to find a guide anywhere online. Does CAT even have a code for the year in the serial number? (I know with some companies, for example, if the 3rd letter in is an "A" it was made in 2005 "B" is 2006 and so on) Or is there any way to find the year without calling a dealer? It is an older machine, I'm guessing made somewhere in the late 80's.

Thanks!!

TD24

Occupation
RETIRED (Mostly)
SN# to Mfg date...

Hello-
I'm trying to find the year on a CAT V300 B pneumatic forklift. I have the serial number and all of the other information on the plate but I can't seem to find a guide anywhere online. Does CAT even have a code for the year in the serial number? (I know with some companies, for example, if the 3rd letter in is an "A" it was made in 2005 "B" is 2006 and so on) Or is there any way to find the year without calling a dealer? It is an older machine, I'm guessing made somewhere in the late 80's.

Thanks!!

Post what you have and we will try to help.