• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

finance partner/ company value

wrc

Hello all I have an interesting yet odd problem. I have the chance at buying a small excavation company out. I currently have a few pieces of equipment mostly all older but solid equipment for agriculture excavations. I have worked with utility contractors over my career and like that work. Because of some poor decisions and hard times my credit is subpar. I am very interested in trying my best as I feel this truly may be my one shot at living a life time dream. However given the current economic times and my credit well. How would of any of you go about finding funding and how do I know if the asking price is fair. I mean I think it is bit how would you all determine the value of a small company

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The only reason to buy another excavation company is for it's list of clients or contracts, equipment is easily purchased. Take a good look at the company's work load as well.

td25c

Have a set down with a loan officer at your local bank . They will want to see tax records for at least the last two years , currant equipment inventory , assets & liabilities .

If you are actually buying out a company name & all the bank will want to see it's tax records as well along with the rest .

After they have all the information then they run it though the slide rule and the answer is generally a simple yes or no .

Best of luck on the deal wrc .

I had a similar situation couple weeks ago . Bought out the equipment & inventory of a small business owner that had retired . I was just after the equipment & all the ruck that go's with it as I new it had a good service history . We weren't trying to buy the name or contacts .