• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat-Allis FD145 undercarriage

brianscathouse

Occupation
Auto repair shop owner/mechanic
Have a 1998 FD145 and was wondering if any other brands undercarriage is interchangeable with this unit. See lots of surplus D5 and D6 stuff out there but trying to cross reference part #s has been impossible. Machine could use better rails and is used as a farm machine and don't need brand new premium price parts. Any suppliers have any old stock they want to sell as I know this isn't a popular machine. Was looking at D5 and D6 machines but saved 20K by buying this one instead with only 5000 hrs but original u/c. Useable for now but looking to change in future.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Was just on Berco's international page, they still show rails and complete assembly undercarriage for these, if available USA is anyone's guess. If they use same rail as FL10 or FD10 is 6.93 pitch If uses same as FD14 or FL14 then 7.484. Need to measure the rails and see what pitch it does have measure the width of rail inside and out as well height from pads and diameter of bushing. That can be cross referenced into other makes. Cat has 6.906 with smaller bushing OD than FA, unsure if rollers will accept width wise, 7.484 rails on Deere and some Cat with varying size differences.

Master Link

Occupation
Heavy Equipment repair
You may be able to use the D5B track groups as they have a 175mm pitch and the FD145 shows to have a 176mm pitch. That should be ok but the running surface of tracks where it runs on the rollers need to be checked to verify the D5 track will work with the original rollers. I have that info but not handy so I'll see if I can find and let you know.

James

brianscathouse

Occupation
Put about 40 hrs on machine and right rear lower roller packed it in. Need to find lower rollers. Put requests to online part finders but no result so far. Any suggestions?

brianscathouse

Occupation
Track pitch is 176mm (6.93"), bushing OD is 60mm (2.36"), bushing width is 70mm (2.76") in case any rails are available as well. 43 links. TIA

Queenslander

I know you are all tired of me harping on about this, but there are still plenty of undercarriage parts being manufactured for these tractors.
There would be many more Fiat tractors in North/South America than in our little country, yet I have at least two suppliers in my state who have a full range on undercarriage in stock.
Could be a business opportunity for some enterprising soul?

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Sounds like someone need bite the bullet and make a massive order then get on a sales promotion. Has been a number of guys on here posted how to remove track frames, re-drill for the Cat rollers(different bolting blocks) and used the Cat rails on their machines. 6.906(CAT) and 6.93(fiat) are close enough with similar bushing diameter to swap over as a number of guys have done so on the old HD11 7.0 pitch tractors.

For some reason Queeslander, Berco will sell to AU, but avoids the US or at least the US distributors are avoiding buying and shipping here. 176mm (6.93) rails would work on about any machine that had used 7.0 pitch. Seems to me they just want our old machines gone.

Master Link

Occupation
Heavy Equipment repair
Looks like you are in Canada so give Union Tractor a call. Bottom rollers for the FD145 are single flange FT1910 and double is FT1911. Top roller is FT1640. Those are Berco part numbers which are accepted as by almost everyone in the world so anyplace you call should know what you need.

The pitch on the FD chain and the Cat D5 is almost identical and would work with the sprocket, the problem is the FD chain uses an 18mm bolt while the Cat uses a 5/8 bolt. Swapping complete track groups would work but you don't normally find D5 chains with 43 links so if you find a track group it probably will have to be extended out. You will have to find someone with a track press to add the links.

brianscathouse

Occupation
No luck with any suppliers. Everyone comes back saying no support for this model. Can anyone on this forum supply me with rollers? Need to get machine working again.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
For rollers you will need to drop the track frames and modify for Cat rollers(different bolt pattern and outside dimension. Has been a few articles on here for replacement rollers on old Allis HD11's similar issue. Right now I am not finding them.

May have been on the Allis Forum where you also may want to write:

http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forums.html

Use this web address then drop into construction machines.

brianscathouse

Occupation
Will see if this will work but this machine is a joint venture with Fiat and Hitachi and is quite a bit newer than the machines listed in the article. I may have to do something like that and the D5 Chains may work but will have to remove a roller and see dimensions to compare to what other rollers may work. It might be the ones listed but it may also be something else. Seeing right now if Berco can ship any from Europe. None in North America. Thanks for all the help, this forum has been a big asset for all my equipment issues. Will keep posted on how it goes.

brianscathouse

Occupation
Found rollers, 7 of them, 6 double flange and 1 single. All Berco part numbers. Last ones available. My other side is near new so I may pull a few singles off that side and mix it up as I will have mostly doubles on machine now. I don't think that will be a problem. Tractor Zone in Indiana had them. Funny thing is I emailed them first last week, told them what machine I had and gave the Berco #s and response was we no longer service this machine. Phoned today and told the guy it was a Case 1650K (same rollers) and they happened to have those 7 left. Price was also good. Another place said they could get in 8-10 days but the cost of 1 single flange was 345$ and a double was 1800$. Tractor Zone was 185 for single and 210 for the doubles that they had. He said there were no plans to order any more either. Found a good info website for U/C specs, Comma Tech in Romania. Lists all the dimensions of all the U/C parts inc bolt patterns, widths, diameters, link sizes. Lists all crossover part #s and all the machines they fit. That is where I found the Case 1650K made from 01-07 takes the same rollers even though Case had nothing either. Even has the same chains only 5 links longer. Thanks for all the help as I don't think I would have ever found them without the part numbers Master Link gave me. Thank You.