• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat Allis 7G-B Bucket lift cylinder - Rear pin Removal

MCFooter

Fiat Allis 7G-B Bucket lift cylinder - Rear pin Removal

Just reaching out to see if anyone has any suggestions on removing the REAR Pin of the Bucket lift Cylinder on a Fiat Allis 7G-B Loader. (Item 2) Part # 70625755 PIN, rear pivot, cylinder. (Hex Shaped Pin)
I was able to get the threads inside the Pin Cleaned up and a 3/4-10 bolt installed almost 1.5".
I first tried a decent size slide hammer on the Bolt which did not phase it.
I then made up a puller piece similar to a Huge socket (~4" Pipe coupling and 1/2" Plate w/ .75" hole)
Tried some light heat and 1/2" Impact with no luck.
Stepped it up to some Serious Heat and a 1" impact and still no movement at all. Granted I could have used a little more volume of air on the impact but was able to bend the 1/2 Plate with still no movement of the Pin.

Am I missing something?.. I have not removed the Skid plate to look at the inside of the pin.

Any next step suggestions would be appreciated... Removing the Cylinder because 2 of the bolts (item 17 at rear) broke and need to be removed.

Thanks,
Mike

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i47WPJ8mXR_gxBuuZdwaQVvHJcOVaYZG/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DJelM_3oaHfJ53SmIUgyz4lAew-pSKAy/view?usp=sharing
view

view

MCFooter

Can't remember but did you get the retainer out of the pin
On the Rear Pin only removed the Strap across it...

My Forum Picture posting Skills are limited it seems... do the Links above not take you to a picture?
How are you getting the pictures in the post?

view

Cat977

Occupation
Machinist/Millwright
You may need to take any weight off the pin. The bucket, the cylinder even. The hex head what is it for? Can you turn it? There could be a grove with pushed up metal to either side you need to get passed thru it. To get something apart at times you need to go back and forth to loosen up. This is true with bolts and pins.
Best of Luck!

trombeur

you say that it is seized therefore it is stuck, try to use a screw extractor and apply pressure.

BGS1813-23.jpg

SZ03800.jpg
ES00300.jpg

images

if you do not have an extractor but you have workshop tools, you could build one yourself with a large bolt a large nut and suitable pieces of steel, which you cut and weld appropriately, maybe if you have room to maneuver, you balance a piece of threaded rod on the pin from the head side, with a thick metal tube resting on the pin support make the support, it must be longer than the pin, to the bushing tube, apply a washer or a perforated plate, which serves as a stop for the tightening nut, as you tighten and tighten the nut, the thread pulls and extracts the pin, if you don't put the photo I can't give you more information. I hope I was clear.

https://youtu.be/v7eT2NQAZM0

:p

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
If that pin is seized may have to burn it out as no decent access to get pushers or other equipment on it. Is a Slip Fit nothing of any retainer beyond the external plate. There is no pin or nut on it, have you relieved all pressure on it and maneuvered the cylinder to eliminate chance of a step in the pin hanging it in place?
I have no pieces remaining here.

On a Previous machine I owned
Pin is just visible in left of photo not quite protruding thru loader frame, 1/2 moon shape.

IMG_0117 (480x640).jpg IMG_0173.JPG

Last edited:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Just going to have to be persistent as that area catches tons of debris when in use, the pin is likely lodged in place from corrosion and dirt, in the bosses in the loader frame. And yes, the 7G-B is same pins as 7G, only changes were drive train and how steering worked.

trombeur

MCFooter

Thanks Guys Appreciate the Replies.. I think I have the main pressure off of the cylinder... the Front pin is pulled partially out and did so with very little trouble.
I did make up a puller with a ~4" Pipe coupling and 1/2" plate and so far only bent the plate using a 1" impact.

Sounds like removing the front pin to allow rotation and possibly lifting the rear in case there is a step or grove may be my next play.
After that possibly using a Center Hole Hydraulic Cylinder as seen in the last video... then last resort burning it out. I certainly hate to do that.

Thanks again for the replies and ideas.
Mike

trombeur

put the photos for kindness, they could be useful for some user friend, maybe if you can you could drill the pin to weaken it, even if I think it is cemented or tempered, therefore hard to drill.

fetch

fetch

fetch

IMG_20180103_114305.thumb.jpg.1d25166972154da2c5a62b5fc9d9614d.jpg

IMG-20200213-WA0013.thumb.jpg.3914c577bb31595c4dec5f6e5c9b30b6.jpg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
FL7 is Far and away different than a 7G-B, the G-b is a offshoot of the HD7G and is quite a mess to fight with.

trombeur

upload_2021-12-7_18-27-56.jpeg
http://twentywheels.com/imgs/a/a/g/c/o/fiat_allis_fd7_dozer_1_lgw.jpg
fiat_allis_fd7_dozer_1_lgw.jpg

L'ALLIS CHALMERS 7GB

ac_7gb_2.jpg

ac7gb1.jpg

motore 3500 cc

DA3106AA.JPG

Fiat-Allis 7G-B track loader
  • Six cylinder turbo diesel engine
    • Serial 3D-19765
  • 2F-2R gears
  • Allis Chalmers 7GB OROPS
    • Serial 41Y00232
  • Suspension seat
  • 80"W bucket
    • 45"H face
    • Weld-on cutting edge
    • (7) bolt-on teeth
    • Lifting hooks
  • Six bottom rollers
  • 15"W triple grouser track pads
DA3106C.JPG

forgive me but what difference would it make ??

trombeur

look I do not know the constructive differences between the various frames and the various carpentry, I am not a mechanic, in reality my uncle was a turner milling welder and made repairs on these construction machinery, my grandfather was a blacksmith and they had a repair shop, but not mechanics, welding lathe milling machine, with machine tools, the mechanics brought the disassembled pieces for repairs, boring and the like, I do not know the construction details of each machine, the construction projects, I have seen several disassembled at construction sites and workshops, the mechanical construction vehicles of my parts dismantle the machinery but do not have the machine tools to restore the worn parts and they used my uncle and my grandfather who were metalworking craftsmen.

retrievePhoto.html

Fiat-Allis 7G-B. 6 cilindri turbodiesel ??

https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/7g-a_topic34449.html
Fiat_Allis_FL_7B_4_1.jpg

Fiat_Allis_FL_7B_4_3.jpg

Fiat_Allis_FL_7B_4_4.jpg

MCFooter

trombeur Thanks for the Pics.

Gave up on getting the pin out and pulling the cylinder but did get one of the 2 broken bolts out... Running 3 of the 4 bolts and new O-rings for the line attachment with no leaks at the moment.