• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat Allis 645-B

daniel-klaus

Allis Chalmers 645b

Hej Jesper .
Du skal bare ringe til Henning Nordjyllands Entr service A/S.
Virkelystvej 11
9870 Sindal.
tlf 98 935916
mobil 40316116
Han har lavet Fiat / allis calmers siden 1969. Talte med ham i går.Han ved alt som der er værd at vide om fiat allis . Han har lige købt en Fiat Allis 645b til ophugning+ han har en masse brugte reservedele, samt en masse nye dele.
MVH John Jensen.

Hope that it is OK to reply in Danish . That is a lot faster for me ,and problery also Jesper.
Best regaurds John.

Hi John,
do you have an 1969 Allis Chalmers 645 B please?
regrds,
DK

curbappeal

tootlems, sorry my late reply..have not been in the forum fore a while.

If the charge pump is bad the converter charge pressure will be low and you will have a slow moving and weak loader (converter slippage). Low main pressure will give low clutch apply pressure, causing converter slippage and overheating. In my case I lost all pressure and the loader would not move at all.

What pressure does your transmission pressure gauge shows?

I think it’s a big job to change the converter; you have to remove the engine before you can remove the converter from the loader.

Here’s a picture of the dismantled charge pump, as you can see the bearing in the driven gear is gone. As a result the charge pump was not able to build pressure or create vacuum to suck oil from the converter sump.

The reason for the charge pump damage is that the ball bearing for the accessory gear failed, (Pos no. 12) when the ball bearing failed it put all the stress on the small driven gear bearing.
As I understand this is a common problem on this transmission.

The ball bearing will now be replaced by a roller bearing.

My charge pump is only showing 50 psi max. What should it be at??? Thanks

curbappeal

Tt2421-1

I have the charge pump out on an Allison TT2421-1 trans as it was only showing 50-65 psi at any rpm range. Checked the main valve and doesn’t appear to be stuck either. Hoping the trans is not junk, but did find some metallic shavings in the bottom when I drained the system. I am waiting for the new charge pump and will reinstall and recheck pressures. I will keep you all updated.

512TR

My charge pump is only showing 50 psi max. What should it be at??? Thanks

According to the service manual the main pressure should be between 165-195 PSI, my trans fluid pressure gauge shows around 200 psi.

After I changed the charge pump 2 years ago... the old loader have worked like a champ:)

Attachments

• 07082010351ny.jpg
    07082010351ny.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,787

pierre c

i have bought a fiat allis 645b and when i checked it's transmission oil i found it had tellus oil insted of transmission oil, so i changed it's oil and filter, and when i started the machine from cold the gauge shows on red and even while working with the machine you fell the torque converter slippering. please can you tell me what is the problem?

Aj brown

tootlems,
As you say, it is relative easy to remove the charge pump. It’s driven by the accessory gear witch also drive the hydraulic pump, first you have to remove the hydraulic pump.

I did turn the loader all the way to the right, in order to get access to the trans/converter from the left hand side. That will give you the space needed to disconnect the pumps, it’s tight so you are limited to work with one hand at a time.:Banghead
I also removed the air tank protection and airtank on the right side, to get some access/view from the right side.

Before I started I did clean the top of the transmission with a high pressure cleaner. Also remember to drain the hydraulic tank before you start disconnecting the hydraulic pipes on the hydraulic pump.

As soon you have removed the hydraulic pump and charge pump you will have access to the bearing. A good bearing puller will help you to remove the bearing. I modified an old cheap puller.

When you should install the new bearing you have to heat the inner race in order to expand it before the bearing will enter the gear drive.

Good luck :)
Do you remember the part number of the new roller bearing in the transmission

512TR

Do you remember the part number of the new roller bearing in the transmission
This is 10 years ago :)
Did check some old e-mails, the part no: 9438198 ( NDH 3L12 L)
Ordered from US Transmissions, Inc. (sales@ustransinc.com)
After 10 years the transmission is still working 100%

God luck

Aj brown

This is 10 years ago :)
Did check some old e-mails, the part no: 9438198 ( NDH 3L12 L)
Ordered from US Transmissions, Inc. (sales@ustransinc.com)
After 10 years the transmission is still working 100%

God luck
Thank you very much. I bought my 645 loader and put about 30 hrs on it and blew the same bearing as you. I thought i blew the tranny and was ready to pull it till i searched and found your posts on this forum. Thank you for all the info it was alot of help.