• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

fiat 70ci & ad7 dozer steering problems

1breeze1

tractor to hard to turn when engaging lever and foot brake(and you still have free pedal travell) (make sure there is no grinding of damaged components happening that will create hot metal )then its caused by binding in clutch drum . when cold i open up top side plate where you can adjust brakes pour in 20 lts petrol or more , bring level op to aprox 6 inche from top..drive &engage both levers alternatevely some times together the idea is to get the clutches to slip and clean themselves. when freed up drain out beneath machine (dont leave fuel in there).keep fuel for another day.. remember when freed up you only have to apply foot brake only for tuning sharply. .... if you getting kick back happening on brake pedal, then you have dropped at least one of the 3 bearings on pinion drive investigate or you will crack the outer housing (happened to me) ,and may also lose some teeth on you bull gear(happened to my mate)and lose your oil in that section, caused by needles and balls falling.. remember petrol & heat dont go together very well ..remember your oil reservoir for your levers it tends to leak out
if you ever need to replace brake shoes, remove locating pins under machine ,remove 2 rear square plates ,remove 2 top inspection plates where you then undo large adjusting nuts .. go to back and remove the visible hinge pins ,use a little perswasion ease out each piece bingo 2 hrs work

Timberman

I have just purchased I believe an 82 or 83 year ad7d . Anyone know where to purchase break,clutch, and pinion bearing parts