• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Felling Trailers: anyone have any pros or cons?

bonanno23

Occupation
union drainage foreman, also own a full time lands
I'm about to purchase a new trailer for my tak tl150. I'm looking at a felling ft-18-3 E its a tri axle drop deck bumper pull. Going to be towing with a F550. Anyone have a similar trailer? Is felling a good brand? From what I can see they are a good company. Just looking for some input. Thanks

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
trailers

I'm about to purchase a new trailer for my tak tl150. I'm looking at a felling ft-18-3 E its a tri axle drop deck bumper pull. Going to be towing with a F550. Anyone have a similar trailer? Is felling a good brand? From what I can see they are a good company. Just looking for some input. Thanks
I dont know anything about Felling, but my questions on any trailer would be
1. what is the weight capacity for the trailer? Does the rating include the weight of the trailer?
2. I dont like tri-axles, they tend to throw the tires off the rims, off one of the axles. I really like a gooseneck, I have a 10 ton, gooseneck, tilt bed and this is the way to go, but its more expensive this way but what a breeze to load and unload
3. 550 will be good to haul this with.
4. 18ft will haul the machine, but if you have any attachments, it maybe too short, for the weight distribution (bridge law) I would think maybe 16/18ft flat and 4-5ft dove tail with ramps
Trailers are like buying a hauling truck, if you dont do it right the first time, you will have to deal with a bad situation later. I hope that makes sense.
Have you got any pictures?

bonanno23

Occupation
Yeaht thats the trailer in the pic. I'm going with a 20' flat deck. Goose neck isnt an option for me due to to many tools in the utility body of the truck. As far as specs its all there, I just don't know much about Felling.

bonanno23

Occupation
Heres the trailer I ended up with. Couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• IMG_0945.jpg
    IMG_0945.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,711

Dumpsterdavid

Looks like a nice trailer. I like how they build in the pockets for the forks. DOT requires a machine to be chained down on all four corners. Around here the check for that.

bonanno23

Occupation
Yeah same here. I have the front chains crossed using 2 binders. Can't really see in the picture. The back has a chain and binder on each corner.

Sparkie

Made in MN!!! Nice choice. How heavy is it? Felling's pretty well known for being pretty hefty