• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Favorite Machine?

Deas Plant

You'll NEVER know for sure

Hi, PSDF350,
You may just be right in your version but you'll never KNOW for sure. I, on the other hand, DO know what happened. So, being the mean and nasty tyoe that I am, I'll leave you wondering which version is correct.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
This afternoon I shot this pic and I want to change my choice for favorite machine I would like operate. I know it won't move much dirt but you sure could pick up alot of chicks with it.:bouncegri

Attachments

• DSC02154 (Small).JPG
    DSC02154 (Small).JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 341

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
I prefer a D9L. In rock, the shorter u/c of a 9L makes it rip as good if not better than a 10N.

The good ol' days of the 2U's, 46A's DW21's and 9H's are a thing of the past.
Besides, most operators wouldn't know where the key goes to start an older Cat. :Banghead

Excavators, ya cant beat a 245D. Sadly, the company I work for is selling the older units off in favor of the newer low emission politically correct smokeless machines.:beatsme

Welcome to HEF RollOver Pete! :drinkup

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
I grew up on skids and mini ex, but excavators are my favorite by far. I like working steep terrain, preferably off in the woods somewhere. Utilities make money, but I get way too stressed out on some sketchy jobs where the location of the current utilities is under question. Give me a 200 with a good thumb and send me out in the woods to cut road, that would be just fine with me.

mflah87

Occupation
owner of excavating company
i got to go with my 2007 d8t things great i could run it forever cd player in it just put in some music and hammer on it. see must of the time im cutting trails in the woods for a water line so its great all alone start on one end and to to the other there always deer everywhere so dozer all the way

Does the cd player skip when you start bouncing or moving? The one in my pickup does thats why I'm asking.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Does the cd player skip when you start bouncing or moving? The one in my pickup does thats why I'm asking.

The CD player in our D6R is impressive - I think my operator has only had it skip twice. It truely shocked me, I thought it was a joke when the machine arrived and had a CD in it but it works pretty darn good. I don't know who makes it for Cat.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I don't think mine ever skipped, but I can tell you they don't work upside down.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I don't think mine ever skipped, but I can tell you they don't work upside down.

Alright - we all need to know how the CD player got turned upside down.

16H

My favourite machine is our RH120E 'White lightning' She doesnt like working on angles and is not a strong walker but gee she can dig, the best part is hearing the turbos whistling when she starts to work hard ;)

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I know that would inspire some questions. Luckily it wasn't at work I was wheeling in my Blazer and ended up rubber side up. So Wolf you got some explaining to do.

nedly05

I hafta say the excavators are my favorite, it never seems to get old. I also really enjoy running the loader, and dont forget about the dump truck:usa

jperfect

Occupation
operator digging mainline
mine would be a 385cl, 35ft. deep pulling trench boxes, with reach boom and stick, two buckets and stone mizer.

jcb307

Occupation
Construction foreman
Im a grader guy 100%,since im also a grading foremen. I like the little graders by psi.

Wolf

Embarrassing Story

All right, all right. I thought I would keep this between me and the rental car agency, but here goes.

First, let me say thank goodness the CD player was in a rental car. It was out on the Olympic Penninsula in Washington state. I had been on a backpacking trip with my buddies. Flew into Seattle and rented a car from Budget for the week to go backpacking.

We drove into an Indian Reservation to start our backpack trip. La Push was the name of the town, at the end of the Olympic Penninsula, to be exact, for those of you who know the area. We left the rental for a week to go off on our backpacking trip. Well, the weather was, typical for Washington, wet. I hiked with an umbrella some of the time, believe it or not.

It got pretty stormy that week, and when we returned to the vehicle, apparently a branch fell in a storm and busted the windshield. All the shatterproof glass fell out, as it tends to do.

Then we had to drive out of the reservation, and as you might imagine, the roads were unpaved and, well, wet with big puddles. We came upon one puddle, I should say, lake, and there was no other way to get out but to go right though it. So we got a running start and forged ahead. Shall we say the puddle was a bit deeper than I expected, and we had water washing up over the hood of the vehicle. It eventually got deeper, and the water washed through the broken windshield area and eventually saturated the entire dashboard. Needless to say, that was the end of our tunes on the CD player.

I wish I could say that the rental agency didn't notice when we returned the vehicle. . . .