• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

"Farm Dozer"

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
I STILL look at Machinery Trader a few times a week, I get to run loaders at work so get the itch scratched a little there, then the expense reports from the boss as to UC or a major engine repair, I step back a few more feet from the machines!! myself I would DEARLY Love to have a 963B, Full Cab/ROPS, preferably with a 4/1 but a standard bucket would be fine and at least 40% UC Life left.

Yup. Some of the exact same reasoning I havn't an iota of concern with purchasing an 11B Fiat-Allis machine. For the use I will give it, the excellent mechanical condition and maintenance given over the years, on top of "solid" engineering employed within older designs, I'm hard pressed to see anything negative. Well all that on top of liking Allis-Chalmers in general and being a 1975 build, was still Allis-Chalmers engineering.....

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Were built well, but one substantial failure will take it to scrap, just too few pieces to keep them moving now. Coming onto fifty years old and forty out of production.

1693TA

Occupation
Isn't that "Nuts" in itself? I remember well the new dozers lined up in the yard and along the fences along both Sixth, and Stevenson drive like it was yesterday. Some orange, some yellow.

You're right about parts for both the tractor, and engine it seems if trying to "work it". My uncle and I offered support for older machines for quite some time and know where a couple of parts tractors are, so hopefully enough to keep going for as long as I'll need a tractor.

epirbalex

Occupation
peasant
Isn't that "Nuts" in itself? I remember well the new dozers lined up in the yard and along the fences along both Sixth, and Stevenson drive like it was yesterday. Some orange, some yellow.

You're right about parts for both the tractor, and engine it seems if trying to "work it". My uncle and I offered support for older machines for quite some time and know where a couple of parts tractors are, so hopefully enough to keep going for as long as I'll need a tractor.
Its possible to keep a machine going almost indefinitely with wreckers , cheaply as well . But do you have the room ? Alright if the dozer is not relied on for full-time income .

1693TA

Occupation
Yes, I have room but need to move more of my important "stuff" so it can remain indoors when not being used.

One of the parts chassis I know of was put down for a shot undercarriage and no available parts but the engine was utilized in another tractor. The transmission was manual shift and was worn out. When it would no longer hold tracks under a slight turn, it was parted. Not really certain how much remains. The other is a power shift that the engine let go from neglect. The trans remains in this tractor as do some rollers which are good from appearance. This machine has dual top carriers so older than mine and branded Allis-Chalmers HD-11B where mine just 11B, and is a 1975 build. Otherwise they are very similar. This one I remember well being used near daily but it's been out of service for 20 years I know of.