• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Farm Accidents

robin yates uk

my second wifes sisters husband is a farmer in the UK.. He should take meds for diabetes but often forgets resulting in some bizarre behaviour at times.Farmers seem to think having an accident is part of the job.

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
My sisters husband shouldn't be allowed arounf equipment at all. He has injured himself many times. Like pinning his hand between at feeder and the bucket of a Bobcat because he reached out of the cab to pull some hay hanging off the bottom of the manure forks. 3 years ago wear a raggest jacket by a PTO shaft 1000 RPM his jacket not snagged and it jerked him down onto the shaft. He hit his head and was unconscious for about 5 minutes. The thing that saved him was the jacket was so old that i was torn from his body. That was just 2 of many accidents he has had. Any equipment can be dangerous and should be treated with respect. I don't understand the attitude that farming accidents are normal.

Rick

robin yates uk

my wifes sisters husband is exactly the same, broken toes, arms, leg, scars. His father was the same. Only farmer I knew who travelled about in a disabled cart, 3 wheeler, electric supplied by the UK Health Service