• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fantasy Equipment Bidding

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Damn! Like I needed something else to take up my free time.:mad:

I'm going to act like I didn't see that as it sounds incredibly addictive.:D

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
wow! I don't have any games on my phone or computer that i play. i don't play wii play station or nintendo. but this could be fun i will give it try until i get bored.. i am sure that won't take long.............>>TIO

wheelie

Just a update..
Bummer about it being only North America.
I actually agreed that it might get boring with so many pieces of equipment to explore but I have found that if I take the approx. week you have to fill it in instead of trying to do it all at once I am enjoying it more and more.

Round 1 I landed in 31st place
Round 2 I moved up to 23rd place
Round 3 I took 2nd place for the round and moved up to 9th over all. (good for a $150 gift card prize on the 2nd place).

Well that's my update.
Again I do not know if this is proper place for this thread and feel free to move it.. (like anybody needs my permission ..LOL)

wheelie

Ok throwing this out there.. again... In the above mentioned game it was hard to stay competitive for the entire session . If you missed one bidding week you were pretty much out of the overall win picture..

They have now changed that and there is no more overall. Now they will open up a bid and you have from one week to two weeks to make your bid choices and the top 3 win cash. and each auction is a stand alone contest.. no more building up points for an over all prize. If you miss a session.. no problem. Also they have went to usually 10 pieces of equipment instead of 20.. Much easier to manage.

I am, other than being a player of the game, In no way connected to this game or the company that sponsors it. I also am not a Heavy Equipment owner or buyer.. I have done some operating through my life and am HEF addicted but was a timberfaller mainly. I have also now won $700.00 and getting paid has been no problem.. My only reason for bringing this forward is I enjoy the game and I think if it does not grow in participants it may not survive. Other wise I would keep my mouth shut as it is easier to win with less folks going at it.. LOL..

http://www.ironwars.com/

jaclo

I'm sure the "game" is a blast guys, but you're being farmed for data.

wheelie

Yep and add Yahoo.. ebay... and most of the internet... I did an internet search comparing lawn mowers over a year ago an I am still getting ads with 'fantastic' offers.... that's Ok but some how I have to cut down on the wives search for womens wear.. :eek:

joispoi

I guess people will bet on just about anything. This made me think of the gambling addicted high rollers in the movie Rat Race.:laugh

wheelie

if it is betting than it is a easy bet with nothing to lose.. the game is free..

but.. since this has brought the haters out (I would like to use other terms) I will apologize for posting it and for my part I will just let the thread slowly fade into the deeper parts of HEF :notworthy :drinkup

joispoi

Haters? ....other terms? ....apologies....? Are you kidding or just over-sensitive??? :beatsme

jaclo

Nothing beats Google or Facebook for data mining.

Oh for sure, but for the demographic which is "people who would be interested in buying heavy equipment, what better way is there for finding out what people would be willing to pay if they had the money and the inclination to buy one?