• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Extra hyd. ram on grapple cat

snowpeke

Is there any logger out there that has a extra ram on his grapple to push out the grapple when getting skids that are on steep ground? A few years ago I saw a D5 cat with a small hyd. ram that pushed out the grapple to get logs that were just out of reach. Any help would be great. Any pictures?

Kiwi Logger

We had a 527 Cat that had a small ram under the arch that pushed the grapple out if you needed it to it worked really well and it held the grapple steady with no logs in it so it wouldn't swing back into the tracks. unfortunately I haven't got any pictures. It was set up with a low pressure on the relief so when the turn push against the grapple it would float .

Tomtj460

Grapple problem

I thought i was the only one with this problem.I operate a Timberjack 660 on an intermediate crew[on terrain between yarder and ground based],and some days it drives me mad.Sometimes the buncher operator takes pity on me by walking his machine over and putting the head next to the bunch so i can slew the grapple with a tyne resting against it.