• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

extecc12 jaw crusher

gerc12

we have a extec c12 with a deutz engine,problem is the engine is cutting out.before it cuts out,the battery light starts to flicker.we have fitted new batterys and engine is charging,it could run for 15 min or an hour problem shows.Any one experience this problem or fin solution,

gerc12

Thanks for your reply.will try that,but with full charge in batterys you would think engine stop solenoid would have constant 24volts at all times or batterys would keep it powered for longer than 15 to 30 minutes even if intermitent fault in altenator.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
What is the voltage output from the alternator?

tctractors

This voltage claim cannot be correct as the C12 is fitted with the D 1015 engine (V6 water cooled) fitted with a 24 volt system, so a charge rate of 27.5 would be a good area, anyhow if you look at the display panel constantly as the engine is running, just before it calves down spot the first light to flash as this is your fault, a common 1 is low coolant level that is often fixed by removing the sensor and cleaning it and re-fit also top up water level, the charge light is often just the light that comes on first at shut down that you notice, its also the common thing to have fuel dramas with these crushers.
tctractors

gerc12

Will be on site with crusher at weekend and will check out wiring system in more detail,tks guys for ur ideas.

tctractors

Nige, the C12 is fitted with an electronic f/pump housing and governors of America control unit plus a pile of mag coils to activate the working parts, so 24 volts is the only way I see it, anything called a Crusher is trouble with every possibility to make you suffer some, I had a Co' from Oxford call me yesterday to prime me up for a Toggle and seat swap in a few weeks time, this was good of them but I know its going to rain that day as I lay in the main conveyor to fetch the chunk out.
tctractors

p.s. its not even Winter yet and the temps have dropped very low??