• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavators from Australia

Martin

A few of the hotel over the road getting knocked down after a fire and a bogged backhoe on the shores of Sydney harbour

Attachments

• wb1.jpg
    wb1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,017
  • wb2.jpg
    wb2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,020
  • wb3.jpg
    wb3.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,001

Martin

Now the bogged one

Attachments

• rb6.jpg
    rb6.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,044
  • rb4.jpg
    rb4.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,109
  • rb2.jpg
    rb2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 988
  • rb7.jpg
    rb7.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 996
  • rb1.jpg
    rb1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 974

Martin

The backhoe is owned by the local council and was going along the beach do do a bit a work on a stormwater outlet.Well he got stuck and the tide came in.He He.It cased a bit of mirth among the locals as the council is not particularly popular and they ended up with mud on their face.The two machines that were sent to recover it came from a site up the road where the council had been getting repairs done after a road collapse.

Martin

With the old pub getting demolished it was directly opposite my house.Some how I managed to sleep through it burning down.Talk about lazy.

Martin

It took some getting out that thing.The Komatsu certainly did it hard.The operator put the hand brake on when it sunk and then it did not release when they were dragging it.When it first got bogged he attempted to dig him self out resulting in him digging a bigger hole for himself.Then the tide came in and then it rained and rained ..I was hoping that when they lifted it off of the rear outriggers that that part may have broken off.Any thing was possible this day.That may seem a bit mean but I could have won a prize in Australias Funniest Home Video competition.They got it out onto the Tilt tray and the skys opened like nothing I have ever seen.The tilt tray was trying to get off of the beach (after the Freightliner had been towed off)and had to pass accross the enterence to a couple of big stormwater pipes(probably 4 ft Dia)and as he was just infront of them a huge amount of water came out of the pipes and hit the tilt tray side on.He then got bogged in a river of storm water .Now that was impressive .The cops were running a book on if he was going to make it with out getting washed into the harbour.
The Cat and Komatsu were pressed into service to push ,pull do what ever it to to get the tilt tray /deere backhoe through the stormwater outlet.
That part made the 6 o clock news.I have the pics of the poor hapless tilt tray but I will be kind and not show them.(maybe)

Aardvark

Sediment control

How did they get away with all that crap on the road in the 1st pic?
Did they have any sediment control in place?
Most Sydney councils would have your fella's in a vice if you had that much mud etc on the road.:beatsme

Martin

The pub burnt down on a Fri nigt and they pulled it down on the Sat morn.before it fell down.As for control there wasnt much just a cop or 2.It was on Victoria Rd as you are aware is the main road into the city so they had to react quickly.The best part was the machine operator and his buddy sharing a hard hat when they needed it.The blokes in the picture in the bright coats were from the council and govt dept.

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
show them!!! haha

it looks like that harbor has a lot of tidal fluctuation?

Hendrik

For 20ton machines ,they were getting light on the tracks without buckets.Anyone else notice the position of the drives.
Lifting on unstable ground will do that, if it got much worse they would have had to put some planks of wood under the front. Also to do a two machine lift you need some co-ordination otherwise you get a see saw effect.

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
For 20ton machines ,they were getting light on the tracks without buckets.Anyone else notice the position of the drives.

i would say they spun the UC around so they could jsut push forward on the pedal's as they were probably traveling a long distance.

Pj

jsw

Occupation
co owner of Wyatt Travels for the past 2 years.
I was told Australia was a good place to buy JSW excavator parts. Is that True?