• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavator Photos

Wolf

That's a sweet picture, Werk-Brau. Is that you at the controls, wrecking the house.

Looks like a lot of fun. LOL.

How old is that house? From the 1930s or so? Must have been fun to knock the C**P out of it. LOL.

DirtHauler

Occupation
Heavy Highway Dirt Hauler
kiewit 010_rsz.jpg

520 Bridge casting basin project for Kiewit. CAT 345 bailing to a EX1200

lonkinggroup

Many great pictures here, i would very much like to post one of Lonking's. It is working in Mali now.
CDM6225-1 2010马里_副本.jpg

This is another one i think is very cool
(1000068)LG6235( 黄黑套色)_副本.jpg

WerkBrau

That's a sweet picture, Werk-Brau. Is that you at the controls, wrecking the house.

Looks like a lot of fun. LOL.

How old is that house? From the 1930s or so? Must have been fun to knock the C**P out of it. LOL.

That is not me at the controls. I have never been at the controls of an excavator, but man do I want to try! The house was pretty old, I think from the 1940s. The demo was pretty cool to watch.

WerkBrau

Road work..this is what is calld an 'hdr' edit. The photo is natural, I just enhanced the natural colors slightly.
I also removed company logos from the nearby businesses for legal reasons.

035edit.jpg

WerkBrau

On my way to work I drove past a construction site and had to stop and snag this photo, it was around 7:20am. The crew on site were nice enough to lend me a hard hat. I just loved the sky behind this machine and had to snag a shot.

excavatoattachmentwerkbrau.jpg

Last edited:

Ryanrb25

Just a couple from here in Australia

Our SH210 Sumitomo digger and Our EC240CL Volvo pulling footings out of an old McDonald's store. We stretched 4 buckets with the volvo.

Attachments

• 21t.png
    21t.png
    735.3 KB · Views: 2,327
  • 21t1.png
    21t1.png
    598.8 KB · Views: 2,160
  • 24t.png
    24t.png
    687 KB · Views: 2,127

Ryanrb25

Another of the Maccas Demo....Took so many great photos.

Attachments

• 24tt.png
    24tt.png
    592.2 KB · Views: 2,090

cjplanthire

Occupation
Plant contractor
id prefer the sumitomo over the volvo anyday ,a way better machine, nice pics!

Ryanrb25

I take my hat off to the Sumitomo...for it's size it is very fast, oodles of power, Smooth and very economical. It's had a few recalls. The most recent was $10000 worth of injectors and it seems a little unbalanced. Apart from that it's done some serious work. The Volvo is all of the above and more. Very Smooth, Slow but very powerful. Plenty of features and creature comforts.

Attachments

• 21111.png
    21111.png
    505.9 KB · Views: 2,200

WerkBrau

Located somewhere in the Dayton area, we went out into the field and snagged a few shots of this customer digging out a basement for future home. This shoot went on to include a few other excavator attachments including a ripper. The guy was super friendly, it was great to be able to head out and meet the people who use our buckets. Hopefully, I can catch a few of you while out on the road.

132sm.jpg

WerkBrau

Outside of Waterville Ohio there is a large construction project to put in a new inerstate highway, with a stunning decorative bridge. There is a lot of evcavating, dumping, and compacting taking place. I headed out there this morning to see if I could catch some of our buckets in action. Alas, I didn't get any of our buckets in action. There were many Werk Brau excavator buckets on site, that were respected and well used but none of the machines were in use at the time.

It was a real gem to visit and the crew were very polite. They even lended me a vest - I had my hardhat and boots, but forgot my vest at the office.

excavatorbucketwerkbrau.jpg

I love taking construction photos in the morning. The morning always has the best skies.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
100_0307 (640x480).jpg

My little BOBCAT E50 Excavator....Just about to be loaded up on the trailer.

Last edited:

Ryanrb25

How to turn a van into a coffee table.

Attachments

• 24t.jpg
    24t.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,953
  • 24tt.jpg
    24tt.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,971

Ryanrb25

CAT 322C
Sumitomo SH210
Volvo EC240CL

Attachments

• 34ttt.jpg
    34ttt.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,965
  • 34yyyy.jpg
    34yyyy.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,980

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Ryan, tell us folks in the US about the Sumitomo. I know they make excavators for other manufacturers that we do have here in the US but I haven't seen a newer Sumitomo branded as a Sumitomo.

Also interesting you guys are running Bobcat mini's.

Ryanrb25

We use nothing but Bobcat Mini's. We have 3x 323's and 5x 435's. Not to mention 10 Bobcats.

We have 2 Sumitomo's. A SH120-5 Sumitomo 12T and a SH210-5 Sumitomo 21T. Both machines are Fantastic. Out of all 40 machines we have i dare say pound for pound the 12T sumitomo is the best machine we have. It has amazing Reach, Power, Economy. It's small enough to be transported on our tag along floats quite easily from one site to another. I've looked after all of our machines single handedly since they were new so i know what's been repaired etc. In 4000 Hours (not a huge amount though) the only things that have been changed are filters and teeth/cutting edges. Will be looking at getting another one in the next year or so.

any specific information you want to know just ask :)

The SH120 and the SH210.

Attachments

• 12tt.png
    12tt.png
    505.2 KB · Views: 1,927
  • 21tt.png
    21tt.png
    602.4 KB · Views: 1,932