• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavator joystick pattern changer

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I don't think I've ever taken the time to thank you Willie. Your posts and the posts of many other members are very informative and that's what make's this forum so enjoyable and helpful.

I appreciate the thank you, but it's really not necessary, I'm just living the dream brother. And with all the crap I've done in my lifetime, it would be a shame if some of the things I know were buried with me in a pine box having never shared it with others. So until that day, I'm living life and loving living. :drinkup

kevin37b

Occupation
Operator #841
Nice job , I prefer JD , BACKHOE , SAE ,pattern .Iguess you are not an operator if you can't switch your brain in 2 minutes . I can't .

kevin37b

Occupation
Operator #841
You can pick up these up also off of salvage machines. It is nice to do it that way so you can get the mounting plates and proper hoses for your machines. We added them to two of our B series volvo and they were about a three hour install.

In my opinion it is a safety hazard. When i am interviewing someone and they say they can run it both ways i usually assume they aren't as good an operator as they say they are. We have had some pretty good operators switch over the years and it takes them about twenty hours to get switched.

Back to safety hazard. If you are working on a water leak or something that needs reaction. Move the bucket here with out thinking about it kind of thing--You just can't do that if you aren't on your native controls. I feel like if i don't offer this on our machines someone in the trench is going to get hurt.
Finally , A man of wisdom .

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I simply posted this product and info showing how it makes my job easier, and I'm quite certain there are members who desire to do the same to their machine. ;)

Absolutely. I for one run a "mixed" crew of operating patterns and I wouldn't have a machine that the pattern couldn't be changed. Thanks Willie for the write up as I am casually looking for a trackhoe and having an easy solution to a one pattern only machine widens the field in what's available.:drinkup

bill onthehill

Hey Willie, do you have any leads for one to change left handed to right handed. Getting the ticker operated on this coming Monday and will miss scratching "things" with my left hand while I am wearing the sling/immobilizer on my left arm.....:D

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hey Willie, do you have any leads for one to change left handed to right handed. Getting the ticker operated on this coming Monday and will miss scratching "things" with my left hand while I am wearing the sling/immobilizer on my left arm.....:D

LMAO...been there done that bill. Cut my left wrist with glass in 2006. Long story short, in a cast, then a sling for 5 months for mending of cut tendon in left wrist, my writing hand, and I don't write worth a flip with right hand. :tong

bill onthehill

Yep, I have 30 years experience typing with my index fingers. Going to suck only having one to use. Won't be many capital letters etc. for a while.:eek: I am a lefty also so won't be much getting written either.

BKrois

Charter Member
Occupation
Multi purpose
I'm in the process of putting one on my 2000 Komatsu PC150 excavator now, only issue is finding out what fittings Komatsu uses to plumb into their valve banks

Last edited:

cxman

hi does anyone know what fittings are used on a case cx 210 2005 have the valve need to know what is used on the pilot system is metric bpt