• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavator bogging down

jadcalmech

Occupation
Mobile HD Mech
Hey guys it could be a couple of things there is screens in the banjo fittings and they are a little white colored screen they are very fine and plug easy. Komatsu uses three control valves they are NC/CO valve which is neutral control/cut out control on each pump and they both share a TVC valve torque variablr control these valves all have to be set with gages on unit and is quite the project. there should be a computer bypass switch on these hoes and that throws it into a mid mode and you can see what you have after you try that. Good luck

paradise pete

Hello everyone and seasons greetings, Im new to the site, I came here to try and get some knowledge myself but I couldnt pass this question by..I agree with jadcalmech..
I owned a pc200-5 that would completely bog down absolutely no power but the engine would idle and rev out like a charm..the problem was the TVC valve, as you open the pump compartment door its mounted on the pump starring right at you..I would check the electrical connection first, due to the age and all the heat these wires have seen they get brittle,(internal wire breakage right behind connector) plastic comes off or some genius dealer mechanic who should know better pokes a hole with a test probe in both wires
directly across from each other which causes current to arc. When it comes to the tvc valve you have to get the dealer or someone with gauges or correct flow equipment to set TVC on the machine...
I sold that machine a decision I still regret..Komatsu was trying to prove a point when they made the -5s...Yes I know it cant multi-task as well as the newer machines or as fast...but it was one of the best cliff-side machines i have owned when it comes to balance and reliability in which it inspired confidence to go further down the slope...If i could find one in more or less excellent condition id probably buy it even though the -3 parts line has been discontinued by komatsu and I guess the -5 is next in line.......Question..Is your muffler in good shape?

paradise pete

I asked about the muffler because I have a pc220-6 that would bog down a little bit and threw a good amount of black smoke....the problem was the electronic motor that moves
the injection pump arm..The muffler was dead and dumping all the exhaust heat into engine compartment (everyone with a bad muffler change it now!!..you'll thank me later) the electronic motor may have a metal case but its just about all plastic gears inside.........So to my amazement the problem went away when I changed the unit!!..At the time I just could not see that unit being my problem, Maybe a bad turbo, clogged filters, bad fuel or fuel delivery, something on the injection pump, but not that unit....I went as far as to buy a rebuilt fuel pump and injectors for that machine that I never used and is sitting on the shelf to this date.. But first check your wiring to the unit, like I said before due to the age and heat the wiring has seen they have a tendency to be brittle so treat them with care! do not rough them up or pull on them like a mad man..Hope what I have said helps you..

dozr

Occupation
excaving
CHECK turbo my 200 dash 5 has done this 2 times in its life