• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavator balance point

LowPost42

I’m trying to avoid rigging some setup to find the ‘true’ balance point on my ex. Does anybody know (give or take 12”) where the average balance point is on an ex? I’m assuming since they’re all built similarly, (long sticks notwithstanding) it’d be about the same. If it’s not, I’m talking about a Komatsu PC55MR.

Plumber85

I would think it might be somewhere near the middle?? Depends what you are doing.. You can balance them in places they really shouldn't be. If your on the driveway you should be ok yeah?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Seems that the overal ground beraing pressure may be more appropiate, the specification are based on the tipping point of the machine.Kind regards
uffex
1697358554234.png