• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

EX60-5 Electric's

preilly

Hi,
I am new to all this, I have a 2004 Hitachi EX60-5, when you turn the key to switch off the engine, the fuel gauge, the tourtoise light and the engine hours light says on, when I remove earth from battery and then reconnect then they are not lit any more. seems like a relay or such is sticking any ideas?

Also anyone know what volts i should get from alternator, mine is 25.6v is that okay or a bit on the low side?

Thanks

Phil

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
You should get about 27 volts dc from the alternator.I check my service manual and their is battery relay that might be sticking.

Last edited:

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Yep the battery relay could be sticking, not sure were it is but il check and let you no asap!

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
The battery relay should be close to the batteries .Follow the positive cable .And you should find it .It will hve two heavy positive cables and some smller wires going to it.

Last edited:

KenAl

Battery relay is usually not the problem. If you have a leaking diode in your alternator it will keep the battery relay on until you take the earth off.

boveyfarmer

my EX60-2 flats the batteries after about 15 minutes of work, goes back to tickover, l then have to stop it with the manual stop button
ls it the alternator?

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Hi Boveyfarmer, sounds like its your alternator alright, do you have jump it in the mornings!

boveyfarmer

l charged both batteries up today, had it running, then after about 20 mins it defaulted to tick over, ingnition light on.
l had to pull the manual stop to cut off the fuel, both batteries flat so it would not turn over.

preilly

fixed

hi,
alternator changed and everything back to normal. if the alternator is not producing enough voltage the computer put's machine in emergency mode and you have to kill the machine using kill switch.

thanks to all for help

Phil

Art_H

Old thread I know, but I seem to have the same symptoms as the original poster. The hour meter still runs when key switch shut off. It is intermittent though. Also there is a bunch of relays clicking in the dash console when operating, but doesn't seem to affect much. I don't notice any difference. Any ideas?