• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

EX40UR Random INFO?

Old Growth

Hello,

Ive lurked here for many years and now have a reason to contribute. I purchased a Hitachi EX40UR grey market mini excavator with a bad engine and am in the process of fixing it.
I bought a NEW isuzu engine and have got it about half way installed.

As soon as its ready to run, I would like to flush and change all the fluids and make sure this thing is ready to go.

Lots of talk about ashless/zinc free fluids in the JD and Hitachi machines and am wondering if this applies to my older MINI?

Anyone skookum on the topic or know where to source a manual for this machine?
How to date it also?

I will also put up a build thread with good pics as this comes along. Ive replaced the old grey market engine with a new 3CE1 Isuzu/Yanmar that I can get parts for. I plan to be a helpful source of info for this machine to others along the way.

Ill get some pics up shortly.

Thanks in advance.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day OG
There is a fellow that contributes by the name of ToolKing he has a wealth of manuals he helps out with drop him a line.
Kind regards
Uffex

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF OG;)! Look forward to hearing about your progress.