• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ex120 controls not working after maintenance

shelbyk7

Have a ex120 that’s been down a few months for maintenance and started it up today and when I hopped in it and unlocked the pilot, nothing happened.

changed hydraulic fluid, rebuilt lift pump

what’s the most likely issue to check for?

skyking1

If you did not bleed the pumps stop!
You have to take those two horking big nuts off on my 120 to get the air out of the pumps I don't know what yours is like. Open up the pump compartment and take a picture if you haven't bled them yet and know what I'm talking about. I'll take a picture of what I've got to tell you what I'm talking about.

shelbyk7

I bled the pumps at the 6mm and 8mm allen head screws circled in picture I have below

You have to take those two horking big nuts off on my 120 to get the air out of the pumps I don't know what yours is like. Open up the pump compartment and take a picture if you haven't bled them yet and know what I'm talking about. I'll take a picture of what I've got to tell you what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• 5B2E9625-A67A-417E-BE80-9A6A07F21F65.jpeg
    5B2E9625-A67A-417E-BE80-9A6A07F21F65.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15

shelbyk7

can it take a while to get the pilot all primed up? I could hear something really faint when moving the sticks

skyking1

I don't know when I serviced mine of course with different pumps it was ready to rock and roll immediately. I did the 2,000 hour with new oil and pilot filter etc.

shelbyk7

Did you prefill the pilot filter canister with oil ?

i also have had a slow leak shown as #2 in attached picture

being low and a slow leak, it could have in theory leaked a lot of pilot circuits fluid out and take a while to prime it?

Attachments

• 752FDD7A-851B-454B-B029-764BF8631483.jpeg
    752FDD7A-851B-454B-B029-764BF8631483.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 7