• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

EX100-2 Boom/Stick Bushings

rob lihou

Hello All. Great site, lots of great info. Early 1990s EX100-2 that is throughly thrashed. But still runs and functions. Working on trying to tighten things up a bit. I’ve searched and cruised the threads but couldn‘t find info on pin bushings for the dipper stick end of the boom. The bushings in the stick are good and tight, pin is good. Bushings in the ears of the boom are gone, departed, nonexistent. I’ve mic’d the bores and they’re still surprisingly round. Will likely require welding and a line bore. The boss for the keeper pin and clip got busted loose and need to be welded back into place. Ive tried to load parts diagrams but have not succeeded. Could someone please hit the Easy Button for me and tell me bushing part numbers? Many thanks in advance!

rob lihou

Thanks Diesel Dave and Skyking1! Sorry I didn’t get back to you. Had to unplug the family and get off the grid for a few days! I’ve had a local guy look at the upper end of the boom with me. Looks like the “ears” have likely been bored out and had bushings installed. Those are now gone. Going to have the local machine shop spin me some new ones and I’ll try that. The lower or foot end of the boom is worn pretty badly but nothing like the top end. I’ll tackle that next. Thanks again for the info!