• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

everyone please watch.

Eric

I don't want the "stimulus" anyway, but this was the clincher for me, it's idiots like this that advise the most powerful man in the world. Why wouldn't you want the "already highly skilled or white construction worker" to get infastructure jobs. I guess this schmuck wants unskilled nit wits building bridges and roads. Maybe in his neighborhood, not mine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQDVTczGbA

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I agree that what Mr. Reich said was stupid, but before this thread spins out of control like the one I had to close yesterday, let's all try to remember what we don't discuss here at HEF.... :cool2

Attachments

• nopoliticaldiscussionon HEF.jpg
    nopoliticaldiscussionon HEF.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 401

JDecker

I could be wrong but i heard most of the people laid off from cat were in the truck motor dep. You had to know that some one was going to get laid off when they stop making truck motor. I think if the Media would stop scared people out of spending money it would not be so bad I have had alot of people wait on projects saying they are going to wait intell they see what happens first. We need some postive :usa

Eric

I agree that what Mr. Reich said was stupid, but before this thread spins out of control like the one I had to close yesterday, let's all try to remember what we don't discuss here at HEF.... :cool2
I'm not trying to start anything and I apologize if hurt any feelings. Just trying to show the big picture. If your personal check book is overdrawn do you go and write more checks to fix the problem?? Anyway, if thier spending our money we have a right to know how it's being spent, and if your qualified for the job, your race, should have nothing to do with it... your skills on the other hand should have everything to do with it. Opposite to what Mr. Reich thinks.

mackman

The problem is the personal check book has our name on it not therse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I'm not trying to start anything...

As I've said before, this whole economic stimulus thing is difficult to discuss without crossing the line into the politics of it. I realize that. The thing is, we do try to be consistent in how we run this forum, and we've long since established that we prefer not to carry on political discussions. Take my post as the "ounce of prevention" that's trying to head off the need for a "pound of cure" in that regard. You know, I have to hold back from posting my own opinions on a lot of this stuff too, because I'm just as subject to forum policy as every one else...

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
I would think that this topic is well worth debate here being that it is directly relavent to the membership. But as His Diggerness mentioned..it just needs to stay relavent, and not get personal.

Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
You know, I have to hold back from posting my own opinions on a lot of this stuff too, because I'm just as subject to forum policy as every one else...

That goes for me as well. Forum rules are for everyone and I can be quite opinionated on politics but this is a heavy equipment forum and I have many other outlets for such topics.

The stimulus package will directly effect our industry and is one topic that needs to be discussed on the merits of the economics of the spending plan. This can be done without naming political names and let the package put forth be the debate, not the politics of it.

Turbo21835

I do my complaining at the ballot box! Of course, I have not filed my taxes yet.

This statement is the exact reason I think election day should be a few days after tax day. Maybe peoples short term memories would keep a fresh perspective on things that way.