• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ever see a big Bobcat dozer?

hvy 1ton

There are some pics of one of those without a blade around here somewhere. A heavy haul company in the northwest use it to unload off of barges. The things are basically a land tug. Twin "props" for steering and a cab straight off a harbor tug.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
They did show it turn. They showed it bouncing around in high speed reverse too. Can anyone tell what cat they showed it pushing next too? An 9 maybe looked like it had twin stacks but I don't recall 9s ever having 2 stacks.

buckfever

know a guy who fieldtested one of these back in the 80's. said it flew but wasn't very good for what they were looking for. they were trying to use it to reclaim coal strip mines but the slate would reak havick on the tires and any rain put it out of commition.

Trakwork

Occupation
owner/operator --semi retired
Machine is shown working soft dry material. Bet this thing slides on wet frosty ground . No way this wheeled dozer can do what a tracked dozer can. Besides eight tires replaced is no savings over grouser bars, sprockets and pins turned.

Big Iron

Occupation
Project Manager
i had the dubious pleasure of watching one of the 2 that ARCO converted into prime movers on the north slope (took the blade off and installed push pads and draw bar hitches on both ends) we called it the grave digger. it would push (twin 450 hp CATS) like crazy as long as you were going straight, but try to turn under power and it liked to bury itself, deep and in heart beat. if i remember correctly Lampson purchased both of them along with both Hendrickson DPM360 prime movers and all of their platform trailers and they now reside in the Tri Cities

td25c

They did show it turn. They showed it bouncing around in high speed reverse too. Can anyone tell what cat they showed it pushing next too? An 9 maybe looked like it had twin stacks but I don't recall 9s ever having 2 stacks.

It looked like the melroe 880 was pushing beside a Fiat-Allis HD 41.

Trakwork

Occupation
owner/operator --semi retired
Largest dozer is the ACCO.........

Attachments

• Acco_Dozer.JPG
    Acco_Dozer.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 7,008

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
i had the dubious pleasure of watching one of the 2 that ARCO converted into prime movers on the north slope (took the blade off and installed push pads and draw bar hitches on both ends) we called it the grave digger. it would push (twin 450 hp CATS) like crazy as long as you were going straight, but try to turn under power and it liked to bury itself, deep and in heart beat. if i remember correctly Lampson purchased both of them along with both Hendrickson DPM360 prime movers and all of their platform trailers and they now reside in the Tri Cities

Here's the thread with those in it, second post:

http://heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?t=17321

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I worked with a man from Wyoming one time that actually ran one of these machines. e also mechaniced on wet days. On break he showed some pics of 2 of them One had a 4 way blade on his with a push cup on the back.

The other had a big open ended angle blade with a quick hook coupler on the back to run a push cup or straight blade. He told me when stripping ground that they would push one way levelling and backing up tey could tend scrapers. Even had a picture of a big 500 Hough doing the same. e said the angle dozer was used alot to push off the highwall. Also was brought up that if it didnt have weght on te back of the machine it would bounce like crazy. He also mentioned that you could counter rotate by putting one side in forward and the other in reverse. He also mentioned its a great way to knock the crap out of a Ford F350 with the blade.