• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ever ran a pisten bully???

9420pullpan

has anyone ever ran a Pisten Bully, or a snow groomer??

Attachments

• deponie420.jpg
    deponie420.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,696
  • hochtiefbau_284.jpg
    hochtiefbau_284.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,534

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
Yeah, they're great machines, probably some of the most sophisticated out there. Bombardier makes some very nice machines as well, I'm actually partial to Bombardier, but in Europe Kassbohrer Pisten Bully is the market leader. When you're sitting in the cab of one of these machines, it looks like you're about to take off in the space shutte!

DirtWorker

TRACKHOE71

Occupation
OPERATOR
my father used to work at a ski area in the poconos when i was younger and every now and then id get to go along for a ride, they are deftinley a neat machine.i was actually thinking about applying to the local ski area for a job running those next year for a little extra money.

ConstSite

Occupation
Construction
I've had the privilege of using a 200 Park Bully and the 300. But I have gone for a ride in a new 600 and a 300 Winch Cat (now that was something I won't soon forget!). :)

- Chris

Have you ever seen those bumper stickers "Dog is my co-pilot"?...

Attachments

• HEF_DPB.JPG
    HEF_DPB.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,120

DuraMaxMan66

Occupation
PT student/operator
I think Im going to Colorado next winter in the beginning of January to work for Vail resorts hopefully at Breckenridge provided I can get the job this summer at a career fair. Have an awesome job in a sweet resort town + ski for free...COUNT ME IN!!

DirtWorker

There certainly is many opportunities here in canada to get on a groomer for our ski kills, but like allot of equipment they want experienced hands but wont give the experience i dont run a hill groomer, but a snowmobile trail groomer, but im hoping with my dozer experience and a couple years on the groomer grooming trails to get a job next winter building and maintaining the parks at the local ski kill.

DuraMaxMan66

Occupation
PT student/operator
Most of the time i read on the ski job website that they just want somebody 18 or older willing to work the night hours 10-12 hours at a time with preferably heavy equipment experience and knowledge of equipment and hydraulic systems but will train the right individual....only thing is the job doesnt pay as much as you think it would for making everything that perfect every night....most of the time they only pay $10-$11 and that doesnt make very much when you live in a resort town.

woodchuck2

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I used to run an old Hydro-master years ago at a ski resort with a snow making machine fitted to the back of it. They ran the 3208 in them, would climb anywhere and push absurd amounts of snow. One year we cut a new trail that was about 70 degree descent and the head groomer used to go right off the top and make a shot to the bottom, then had to drive all the way around back to the summit and do it again. The guy was an awesome operator and a little nuts upstairs, the following year they bought a winch cat for that trail in fear someone would get killed.