• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Euclid TDT 14 scraper

Diggerdozer

Occupation
Financial adviser, from simple straight forward fi
Can anyone help , I have come across one with a Rolls Royce engine in it ,a C6 variant, is this original, ? as i would have thought it was a GM or cummins powered machine

any help appreciated

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . Dunno mate ... but I think I've of heard of that before. RR engines were in some military stuff and I think some Euc's were built in Scotland.

Some one on here is bound to know.

Cheers from down the track.

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Diggerdozer,

You have found an SS-12, B14FDT-B1SH
This indeed is a British variant - you could get them with a Rolls-Royce C6NFl, Cummins (B13FDT) both around 180hp.

Euclid (GB) exported heaps to the "colonies" during the 50s and early 1960s.
There is also an earlier version of it, the B6FDT (Rolls-Royce) and B8FDT (Leyland UE680) which you occasionally see.

68M

Hi Diggerman
It's time someone answered your question. Euclid 14TDT's were made in the states and are a single engined (six wheel) scraper normally refer to as an SS18. they were powered with a Cummins 275 hp engine. The 14 refer's to the engine and that it was made to tow a scraper, the First "T" refer's to the tractor's drive axle capacity of 22 to 40 ton, "D" stands for motive of power being Diesel and the last "T" stands for the fact that it is a tractor unit to be used in conjunction with a trailing unit. To my knowledge no American made Euclid machinery was ever powered from new with Rolls Royce engines, therefore it has either been repowered (spare the thought of throwing away a Cummins in preference to a Rolls Royce) or it is a smaller Brittish FDT. Brittish FDT's came out with either Rolls Royce, Leyland, or A.E.C. engines. All Brittish made machinery will have "B" at the start of their serial numbers obviously to denote it's origin. A quick way of telling is the drive tyres, FDT's will have either 18.00-25's or 21.00-25's and TDT's normally have 24.00-25's Also 15 TDT's are the same as a 14TDT but twin powered and 16TDT's are the same basic machine, also twin powered but with 6-71 GM's. confused ?

Cheers 68m.

lpnt65

Occupation
Retired
Hi Diggerman
It's time someone answered your question. Euclid 14TDT's were made in the states and are a single engined (six wheel) scraper normally refer to as an SS18. they were powered with a Cummins 275 hp engine. The 14 refer's to the engine and that it was made to tow a scraper, the First "T" refer's to the tractor's drive axle capacity of 22 to 40 ton, "D" stands for motive of power being Diesel and the last "T" stands for the fact that it is a tractor unit to be used in conjunction with a trailing unit. To my knowledge no American made Euclid machinery was ever powered from new with Rolls Royce engines, therefore it has either been repowered (spare the thought of throwing away a Cummins in preference to a Rolls Royce) or it is a smaller Brittish FDT. Brittish FDT's came out with either Rolls Royce, Leyland, or A.E.C. engines. All Brittish made machinery will have "B" at the start of their serial numbers obviously to denote it's origin. A quick way of telling is the drive tyres, FDT's will have either 18.00-25's or 21.00-25's and TDT's normally have 24.00-25's Also 15 TDT's are the same as a 14TDT but twin powered and 16TDT's are the same basic machine, also twin powered but with 6-71 GM's. confused ?

Cheers 68m.
The Early Euclids that came to the colonies some were manufactured in Scotland (If my Aged memory is working) these had RR motors ,there were likely to have been used on SnowyRiver Scheme and Possibly in South island of NZ i Believe Anderson and O.Leary of Whenuapai *North Auckland had some that were used to construct a Timber yard or such like ,on Aucklands, North Shore may have been Kumeu. shocking machines to change gear on If you can find a bloke by name of Clayton Gillespie or his older brother Can not think of his name they could tell you more thiis may help Cheers