• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Error Code 21-02 BobCat 425 Mini Excavator

mybmw

Hi everyone hope that u have all been well I have another issue with my my bobcat 425 excavator it is coming up with this error code 21-02 which is 2102 Glow Plug Error On anyone have any advise on how I can over come & fix this issue? thanking u all in advance for any assistance u may be able to render thanx frank

mybmw

it should be in the fuse/ relay panel.

just replace it.

:drinkup

hi partsman & crewchief & thank u both for your advice I tried changing the relay, I even swapped them over with a couple of the other relays that were the same in the fuse bank but the issue still remains, when ignition is turned on the timer does not seem to come on the instrument gauge that counts down to operate the glow plugs when the machine finally starts which seems to be harder to start (i am assuming because the glow plugs dont work) then the glow plug light keeps flashing when u hold the light switch down this error code comes up any further assistance will be greatly appreciated thanking u in advance

Last edited:

crewchief888

start checking the harness for pinch points, check the backside of the fuse/relay panel for burned wires or corrosion.

just for the hell of it, disconnect the wire @ the glow plug, and see if the code remains or changes.

:drinkup

KENYWAG

I didn't see any report back so wondering what he finally found. Crewshief888 I have a 334 with the same issue and I tried your suggestion of remove the wire and the error went away but still one cranks 1/2 a turn and stops just no error now.

KENYWAG

Well I looked through a bunch of posts and found one about the negative and turns out that was my problem, corroded negative connection at the started inside the cable so it wasn't obvious. Cut the connections back and replaced with new connector and taped the connections well and have run it for a few hours without issues and started and turn off several times I'll confirm next week if I have no other issues.