• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Equipping for a lowboy

RKO

Weight

I haven't weighed it so I don't know for sure, guess I shouldn't have said definitetly. The salesmen told me 50,000 though. What does yours weigh with all of that? I'm calling this guy for sure monday to tell him to get me an exact weight. If it's under 50,000 I could get a tandem for sure and stay under 80,000.

I think you need a new sales man
My 200CLC weighs about 48,800 lbs and I have a 2000 lb. heavier counter weight plus the 60 foot long stick, aux. hydr. and thumb. I don' thing you can weigh 45,000 at the most. A 200LC will weigh about 44000 lbs. The 200DLC weight is only 49500 lbs. and John Deere increased the weight to compare with the older model 690ELC so they can be a little better than the Cat and Komatsu excavators.
I hauled my 200LC on a two axle trailer all the time when I had one. and was fine with weights on axles. I never had the 200CLC on a two axle trailer but the increased weight of the extra axle, extra weight of the trailer frame and extra weight of the machine. I have to watch where I put the 200CLC. I don't know all what you are going to haul but I would at least get a trailer that you could add an axle to, if you need to. I didn't do that with my first trailer and ended up rebuilding it so I could add a third axle (I was lucky as the trailer was rated for 50 tons). My new trailer is three axles with a four flip and a one /two axle stinger for the rear. I use it mostly with just three axles and can let the air out of each axle from the truck if I needed to turn. I can not raise an axle because I have 17.5 tires and there is not enough room to raise an axle, (3 inches of clearness at most between axle and frame0. Don't get 17.5 tires unless you need the low rear deck, get 22.5 tires. 22.5 tires will last longer and are cheaper than 17.5. I haul a lot of tall loads so I needed the extra clearness on the rear deck.

Last edited:

440chevy

I think you need a new sales man
My 200CLC weighs about 48,800 lbs and I have a 2000 lb. heavier counter weight plus the 60 foot long stick, aux. hydr. and thumb. I don' thing you can weigh 45,000 at the most. A 200LC will weigh about 44000 lbs. The 200DLC weight is only 49500 lbs. and John Deere increased the weight to compare with the older model 690ELC so they can be a little better than the Cat and Komatsu excavators.
I hauled my 200LC on a two axle trailer all the time when I had one. and was fine with weights on axles. I never had the 200CLC on a two axle trailer but the increased weight of the extra axle, extra weight of the trailer frame and extra weight of the machine. I have to watch where I put the 200CLC. I don't know all what you are going to haul but I would at least get a trailer that you could add an axle to, if you need to. I didn't do that with my first trailer and ended up rebuilding it so I could add a third axle (I was lucky as the trailer was rated for 50 tons). My new trailer is three axles with a four flip and a one /two axle stinger for the rear. I use it mostly with just three axles and can let the air out of each axle from the truck if I needed to turn. I can not raise an axle because I have 17.5 tires and there is not enough room to raise an axle, (3 inches of clearness at most between axle and frame0. Don't get 17.5 tires unless you need the low rear deck, get 22.5 tires. 22.5 tires will last longer and are cheaper than 17.5. I haul a lot of tall loads so I needed the extra clearness on the rear deck.

Well it is a 200C LC, has a 1.77 yard Nortrax bucket, a hydraulic thumb, and a heavier counter weight. Compared to the bucket that is listed in the brochure someone posted before, my bucket weighs almost exactly 1,000lbs more. So, the brochure says:

With full fuel tank; 175-lb. (79 kg) operator; and 32-in. (800 mm) triple semi-grouser shoes
With 1.12-cu. yd. (0.86 m3), 42-in.
(1065 mm), 1,590-lb. (723 kg)
general-purpose bucket; 9-ft.
7-in. (2.91 m) arm; and 10,270-lb.
(4658 kg) counterweight..........................46,130 lb. (20 925 kg)

If I have 1,000 more for the bucket, 2,000 more for the counter weight (guessing), and who knows how much for the hydraulic thumb. That puts me right up there near 50,000. Makes sense to me I guess, who knows though.

Attachments

• P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 492
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 493

440chevy

Looks like standard counterweight.

Yeah it is, but I was able to weigh it this week and it weighs 48,250 give or take 20. So still up there. I figured out I can't run on 10 ton roads without a tri axle anyway, so a tri it is.

Last edited:

wormkiller

Occupation
IUOE Local 150
Not a Witzco Challenger I hope. :Banghead Go with a non-ground engaging neck, air ride and a stick well between the frame. It may cost more up front but in the long run these options more than justify the extra money.