• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

EPIROC MB1000

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I just bought this hammer. Anyone else have one? I had a question on the auto lube system.

DGODGR

Bummer that nobody has replied. I've heard that Atlas-Copco is a good hammer but don't know much about them. Do you know if they actually make them or are they re-branded?
I used to have a similar sized hammer for my Cat 315CL. It was a Toku (formerly sold in the US as BTI, now sold here as Striker and also Komatsu) TNB110. We ended up trading it in on a larger hammer because the 4,000# hammer was just not big enough for most of the rock we encountered. Striker was fantastic about it as they gave me full purchase price towards the bigger hammer. We ended up going (2) sizes up to a TNB190 (5,500# breaker) and sometimes it will still struggle to get through some of the rock we have. Are you doing demolition or rock breaking with it?
I almost got an auto-luber with the hammer but baulked at the price. IIRC it was about $2k more. Currently I am greasing the hammer at lunch and end of day (about 100 pumps each time) but will also grease if at any time it stops drooling grease from the lower bushing. I am considering installing an auto-luber now. How well does yours work?
I'm also curious to hear how the hammer is working for you as well.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I researched this hammer pretty extensively. I spoke with large repair shops, different OEM reps and came to the universal conclusion that even opposing hammer makes, had nothing negative to say about the hammer itself. One repair shop stated that have had issues getting parts at times, but honestly I suspect that could apply to everyone.

I was traveling to ND from Idaho and as I often do, I stop some of the dealerships on the way. I was in Billings and stopped at Titan. I saw this hammer on their website prior. I found and bought a new 2' bucket for a 160 that they had (half price of current new). I asked about this hammer, they showed it to me and it was demoed once but near new (I later found out by another salesman that was used to demo a pool and that was it). I started the negotiation process and bought it coming back from ND a week later. A new MB1000 was quoted to me at $37500 out of SLC. I got this one at 28K. I haven't hooked it up yet. Waiting on the owners manual to show up. I need to square away the auto lube. I bought it to primarily break lava rock.

I had also heard good thing about TOKU from a repair shop who quoted me a new one. Having auto lube installed already was a big deal for me. I hope it works as advertised. Makes great sense to me.

DGODGR

One of the reasons I decided not to purchase an auto-luber was that it is also good to put eyes on the hammer frequently. My initial thoughts were that if I had to get out and grease it, this would provide an opportunity to do so. So far, the Toku hammer has been practically bullet proof. I've had one bolt on the box come loose, have had to replace a hose, or two, and have had to replace a few points. With such good reliability I am less concerned about getting out to inspect the hammer. I have also discovered that I can see it fairly well through the window.