• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Engine dies

Toddaccardi

I have a 863 bobcat and my engine keeps dieing replaced filters it will run for 5 mins then die out and then the primer ball is soft and now I can not get it hard

Wes J

Bad diaphragm in the lift pump. Replace it and try again. Are you getting any fuel in the oil?

If it's an electric pump, could be several things.

Last edited:

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Something in the pickup tube starving the engine for fuel? Try hooking up a fuel line from a 5 gallon can and see if it solves your trouble. Or unhook the fuel line and see if you can blow through it back towards the tank.

Mike Van

My old Trojan loader, same kind of problem - It has a screen on the inlet to the lift pump that was plugged. Hasn't stalled in almost 2 years now!

Toddaccardi

I got the pick up line replaced now when I try to turn hard it try's to stall but will idle right back up or when I'm trying to push stuff that's way to heavy or just when the tires are spinning is that normal