• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Engine Block Heaters

Carrazi

I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations or experience with engine block heaters on a 416 CAT with a 4.236 Perkins.

I was leaning towards the frost plug style, Should I go with a 750 watt or 1000watt.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Carrazi

12 Wyoming

I have a frost plug block heater in my Cat 426. It works great. Im not sure of the wattage. Go with the 1000 watt if you can. Every bit helps.

CCGC

I have the kind that sticks on the oil pan and its not that great.i would get the frost plug heater. 1000 watt.

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
a lot of farmers up here run that style that recirculates your anti-freeze...pretty simple to install, basically re-route a cooling line and stick the unit in there, i assume they work well because i see them on almost every piece of equipment around dealers and auctions up here