• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Electrical issue

Not sure if anyone can help. My bi-directional hydraulics are not working. I'm using accessory piping on the sides on the dipper for the first time. Only one of the toggles on the RCV is working. I unplugged the RCV and crossed the common with each of the wires and was still only able to operate one side so I don't think it's the toggle on the RCV. I've reversed the connectors on the CETOP and was able to operate the other hydraulic line so it seems that both solenoids are working. I am at a loss as to what to try next. Help!!

LACHAU

Not sure if anyone can help. My bi-directional hydraulics are not working. I'm using accessory piping on the sides on the dipper for the first time. Only one of the toggles on the RCV is working. I unplugged the RCV and crossed the common with each of the wires and was still only able to operate one side so I don't think it's the toggle on the RCV. I've reversed the connectors on the CETOP and was able to operate the other hydraulic line so it seems that both solenoids are working. I am at a loss as to what to try next. Help!!
What is your machine's model & serial number???

TrentNz

are they seperate lines or do you mean that one side of the auxiliaries on the boom are working? E.g if you had a tilt bucket plugged in, it will tilt one direction but not the other?

If so, I would imagine it would be in breaker mode/return to tank mode/single flow direction mode.

This can be a setting in the computer or a valve you turn somewhere.

They are separate lines. I can only get one running although I can operate the "other" line by swapping the connector plugs on the CETOP to operate the other solenoid. There's a flow direction mode valve but it's definitely on the right setting.

It feels like there might be a relay for each line but one has blown?

LACHAU

I guess you use the toggle button on the right controller, right?
That button only has a one-way effect. It can only be used to control the breaker and has only a one-way effect.
You just need to replace that button with a 2-way switch.

ScreenShot_20231227112934.png

I don't use the breaker button. I use the left hand control, not the right hand one. There are two, two-way toggles - see photo - it's the lower one.

I believe the auxiliary line is the one I am using - the toggle appears to run to the CETOP which then goes to the A and B auxiliary lines on the dipper. I can only get one of those lines to respond and not the other.

Attachments

• controller.jpg
    controller.jpg
    570.1 KB · Views: 4

LACHAU

I believe the auxiliary line is the one I am using - the toggle appears to run to the CETOP which then goes to the A and B auxiliary lines on the dipper. I can only get one of those lines to respond and not the other.
to make it clearer and more detailed. Can you draw a diagram of how you connected it up?

The electrical side is simply a shared common with two other wires to operate the two different directions. It runs from the controller all the way to the two solenoids although I can’t see if there’s something like relays in the line as the wires disappear under the cabin deck.

Not sure I can draw this any better than I can describe it.

Thank you so much for trying to help but I’m really unclear as to where the issue is