• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Electric Boom Lift Lower Arm Not Working

nobbyv

Building a house, and lent my Ameriquip Eagle 42 Electric Boom Lift to my siders. They said they were using it, and suddenly the lower arm dropped 7-8' quickly. They dropped it down to the ground, and now it doesn't want to lift at all. Motor seems fine. Upper arm works perfectly. When I attempt to activate it, the lower arm does JUST barely move 1/2" or so, but no more. Double checked the safety release, which is closed. Fluid level seems OK. Any thoughts? Worth swapping the fluid filter?

Last edited:

BigWrench55

Sounds like the cylinder packing is bad. Or the holding valve on that cylinder is failed. The second is less likely but is a possibility.