• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

EC280

efnfast

I bought a Volvo EC280, it's a Volvo, how bad could it be. Well, there are about 3 E280's in the states. Currently the rotator gear box is out, the seal is leaking like crazy. Got a quote of 6 grand to get one (a new gear box) here from Europe.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
A bit of a surprise to me many of the Turbo;s did not appreciate the hydraulic oil cooling effect. The box is a bought in component as I recall "Bonfiglioli" comes to mind, rebuild should be straight forward replace those bottom bearings along with the seal, see attached.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• 280 SlewTranny.pdf
    1,013.1 KB · Views: 4

efnfast

Good day
A bit of a surprise to me many of the Turbo;s did not appreciate the hydraulic oil cooling effect. The box is a bought in component as I recall "Bonfiglioli" comes to mind, rebuild should be straight forward replace those bottom bearings along with the seal, see attached.
Kind regards
Uffex
You wouldn't happen to have part numbers to go along with that, would you?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Efnfast
I will try to get those for you, however the bearings and seal are stock stuff.
Kind regards
Uffex

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
Hi efnfast, its not good news unfortunately, with it not being a common machine Volvo have already stopped supplying parts by the looks of it, anything with CS ( contact support ) basically means we don't stock that anymore. but the part numbers are there, you never know someone may have some N.O.S somewhere.

Attachments

• EC280 swing gearbox.pdf
    547.3 KB · Views: 5

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
I have had good success with sourcing bearings and seals through local parts house provided you don't destroy the seal and bearing. SKF and CR are available everywhere and that's that. Just match the mfrs part numbers and your golden. In the off chance that you damage the part number, you've always got the dimensions. You almost can't lose. Almost. Good luck.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
If I recall correctly the transmission was a imported part if you could establish the maker it is also a possibilty of parts.
Kind regards
Uffex