• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Early 80's White, Autocar, Westernstar parts help

dieseldog5.9

I am restoring an 81 Western Star. Apparently White made all 3 of these trucks before splitting off autocar and Westernstar going on their own. This truck is just before the Heritage. It looks like autocar has the same parts 79 to 83, just guessing on the years, someone correct me if I am wrong. Hoping someone has a parts truck they are willing to part.

Wanted

Middle dash panel
Glove box catch
A grille surround that's not junk or in good enough shape it can be rechromed
Rear window inside trim
Twin air cleaners and brackets, air cleaner now is wrong and door doesn't fully open.
Drivers side panel for air filter inlet
Cab exhaust mounts

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 28

56wrench

should be some wreckers out here in western Canada that may have that stuff. there were white-western stars out here. I have a '79 that's still going.

dieseldog5.9

Thats a good idea, if you have a name of a yard that would have some of that stuff it would be a great help. I have called two yards in alberta in the past and either the trucks listed on TPI are old listings and they dont have the trucks or they dont call you back and are not a fan of dealing with the older stuff, they want to sell the front row big ticket items.

Hoping to find a truck enthusiast that has a parts truck in their yard to supply their parade truck.

56wrench

one place that comes to mind is Snags Truck Parts east of Edmonton. I don't know how much old stuff they have left. 780-662-3514 or tollfree 1-800-825-3046. if I think of others I will post them

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Only wrecking yard I've dealt with is Coldstream Truck Parts in Vernon, BC. Found them pretty good to deal with. I needed a good single drive axle on air ride for a project truck. They let me wander their yard to find what I wanted. They picked the tandem snip I wanted out of a stack and cut it in half for me on the spot. Not sure what they might have for older truck parts but I'll definitely deal with them again.