• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

dumptruck

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Im 14, I like heavy equipment. I also like trains and model car building

Welcome!

When I was 14 so did I ! (I actually still do, there's just not time to really enjoy it anymore. And look where I ended up--some days I wish I'd liked brain surgery or tort law better.)

And remember, watch us old guys and the stupid mistakes we make and learn the way *not* to do some things....

:)

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
When I was your age, I used to follow the Town Highway crew around on my bike and watch the grader and loader work. Wasn't much else in the way of construction here then. I also used to watch the tractor trailers go down the highway at my grandmother's house in Pa., we didn't see many trucks here either.

That led to a 20+ year career as a truck driver in both construction and freight. I got to run machines at the construction job too, at that time, I would have paid them to do it!

I also built model cars and trucks, I spent many hours making them as realistic as possible. I even won a contest with one. Unfortunately the real world took over my life and I have no time for that anymore, but I've got about 30 unbuilt kits waiting for me when I retire!

dumptruck

My uncle let me drive a tractor that he borowed from one of his friends that had a hydraulick loader on it. Needles to say I drive it just about every time I go over to his house.:D

I hope that MA. changes the age to get the CDL back to 18 instead of 21 like its now so as soon as I get at of H.S. I can get it.:)

Steve are you pelican on plowsite?

willd8r

Occupation
dozer operator Cat D11R
Hi all
Another new member from down below currently living in Northern NSW operating a D3G which is a big change from 10000 hrs on a D8R but I am enjoying it