• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dump trailers, why does everyone love them?

cfherrman

If you pull the passenger seat out and put a divider in there you could get at least half a yard maybe more in there.

That being said, I have a dump trailer and a single axle dump truck. Each has a purpose and each has pro and cons for a specific project. The DT can haul 10 ton legal while the dump trailer is around 7 ton legal. However by volume the dump trailer hauls more (think trash or trees) and is much easier to load with smaller equipment.

To me it's about using the right tool for the job. I can use a monkey wrench for a hammer but why not own a hammer too?

A tandem dump trailer weighs at least 6k, with 14 in axles your looking around 4.5 ton to load it legally if it's a gooseneck.

Oh look, another Internet Big Shot with an F350.

They never come back and post the long term results . . .

I did, it wasn't good. Truck and trailer together was 30k

77Ford

A tandem dump trailer weighs at least 6k, with 14 in axles your looking around 4.5 ton to load it legally if it's a gooseneck.
Well my tandem single tire trailer weighs 5693 and with a 22k rating I can haul 16k and change. Thanks for questioning my honesty as I was thinking it had a 7 ton capacity and was short changing myself.20230911_170651.jpg

Last edited:

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
20230919_110123.jpg

Took a dump truck load of metal to the junk yard today and came across my broken spindle on a 7k axle...

Very hard to find one of these. Almost cost me $1500 for a new axle. No trailer place would get one, wanted me to buy a whole new axle. I ended up finding it on ebay for $30.00 after about 6 months of looking for a junk axle or this part.