• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dump pump pressure relief valve.

workshoprat92

Hey do any of you guys know if a dump truck dump pump has tbe pressure relief valve between the cylinder and valve or between the valve and pump? I had to change my hose to my dump cylinder. At the same time i had to change all the oil. It worked good for a while and now the box bleeds down in nuetral. I am thinking i have a piece of trash in the relief valve. Would that cause the box to bleed down? I can see where it would if it was between the cylinder and the valve.

mekanik

The relief valve is usually located in the pump but it is very possible that you could valve a r4mote located relief valve.
It sounds like the relief valve is not sealing. You may not be able to take it apart to clean it.
Can you post pictures of your pump and the relief valve?

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Last two I worked on relief was built in pump, any labels on the assembly? Does this also have a bed raise limit control on it(Spool on a cable)? have seen a few of those get trashed up and not return to closed.