• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dump causes thousands in dammage

cat320

Charter Member
The other day a U.S. sealcoat truck knocked down 3 electric poles and cause several business to close down.It was a mack granite 10 wheeler was comming out of a lot and the operator forgot to lower the body and did major damage. The police said he will loose his cdl for it. it was quite a mess to get all the cables from around the headboard of the dump .

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I had a dump PTO stick in gear once. I was hauling fill from one location to another, less than a mile away. I dumped the load off, released the PTO and went for another load. When I got to the fill pile, my stomach turned to knots when I went to back up and saw the body full up. The PTO had stuck in gear and the up/down lever had slid into the up position.

The ride back to the dump site was VERY apprehensive, but fortunately fate was with me. The body had raised itself after I had cleared all the wires between the two sites. The first thing I did was get a bungee cord on that up/down lever to hold it in the down position!!!

I'm not sure how this incident would cause the driver to lose his CDL though, sounds strange to me.