• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

dumb dozer question

da'yoop

I've been looking at some different dozers for sale and I found a couple that are the same model (JD 450E) but one has inside arms and the other has outside arms. Was this a misprint on the model? Why do some have the blade arms outside, what's the point?:beatsme

ontrac

My first thought is a four way blade as compared to a six way. Six way is nice to have.

cummins05

Thats what I would think aswell inside arms is a six way good for a finish dozer

The outside push arms are good for scrubbing and stumping big rocks and such.

da'yoop

I never thought of that....I just figured they were all 6-way blades. In my limited experience, all of the 450's I ran were 6-way.

ontrac

I just checked machinery trader and several with four way blades and all overpriced by a bunch.