• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

DT466 engine wanted

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
Looking for a good Int. DT466 engine. It needs to be around 250hp and work in a 93 Int 4900 dump truck.

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
mulcher

Did you ever get another mulcher? I know the last one you had gave you a lot of motor problems.:Banghead

No, I never did get another mulcher, not much of that or anything else going on in my area. I have 2 quad dump trucks working on a state highway job. Its a long job, so Im hoping all goes well with it.
All the boys that I know, that had mulchers, have gone broke, or got a regular job.
:Banghead

Heavyduty

No, I never did get another mulcher, not much of that or anything else going on in my area. I have 2 quad dump trucks working on a state highway job. Its a long job, so Im hoping all goes well with it.
All the boys that I know, that had mulchers, have gone broke, or got a regular job.
:Banghead

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you in the future on the dump trucks.:drinkup

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
Dt466

Looking for a good Int. DT466 engine. It needs to be around 250hp and work in a 93 Int 4900 dump truck.

OK, Im onto another project, I got My KW finished and working. Im looking for this engine again, It is a 93 4900 dump truck, with a auto tranny. The engine has a cracked block, Im looking for a good engine to try to get me by for a few months, hopefully the work will pickup when it warms up. Im looking for a good runner, maybe out of a school bus, this is a mechanical engine, no computer.
Thanks for any ideas, I have tried salvage yards, etc they really forgot the economy went to crap.
Thanks

amscontr

Occupation
Operating Engineer 520
OK, Im onto another project, I got My KW finished and working. Im looking for this engine again, It is a 93 4900 dump truck, with a auto tranny. The engine has a cracked block, Im looking for a good engine to try to get me by for a few months, hopefully the work will pickup when it warms up. Im looking for a good runner, maybe out of a school bus, this is a mechanical engine, no computer.
Thanks for any ideas, I have tried salvage yards, etc they really forgot the economy went to crap.
Thanks
There is one on the St. Louis Craiglist that's a mechanical one if you still need one.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Is your 4900 a tandem or single?

Are you looking for a reman or used? I have seen some school buses with 466's on Truck Paper in the 3-4K range for the whole thing.

Don't really know what else the bus would be good for other than running gear and scrap. The transmission is probably a MT653. I guess it would make a nice redneck condo down by the lake.

Last edited:

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
Dt466

Are you looking for a reman or used? I have seen some school buses with 466's on Truck Paper in the 3-4K range for the whole thing.

Don't really know what else the bus would be good for other than running gear and scrap. The transmission is probably a MT653. I guess it would make a nice redneck condo down by the lake.
It is a tandem axle dump truck, Im just looking for a good used engine, unless a whole unit is close to me (NC, east coast)

Dualie

Obviously you have never seen the school bus figure 8 races!