• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dressta TD12 specs?

ScottAR

I find myself looking at a 1988 Cd12 (td12?) in an ad
for a dealer south of here. I would like to know some
basic specs on this machine. It has an inside mount
blade and a winch. Dressta.com/ doesn't list a td12
as a current model.

Weight, Width (the biggie), and approx HP would be
very helpful. TIA.

JimInOz

My IH 1981 Bulletin shows a 110 FWHP D-466 engine with turbo option,Modular powertrain,options of Direct drive & Powershift,Torque Converter transmission.Hyster W5B & Carco 50 winches.
These machines were built at Melrose Park,Ill.There were LGP versions made also.
They competed with JD750,Cat D5B,Case 1150C,Komatsu D53A-16,Fiat 10C.

Sorry,no other specs given in my bulletin.
The 6 way blade is 11 Ft wide.

ScottAR

Many thanks Jim...

I won't have time to look at it till early next week.
100hp would make my little clearing project quite a bit
quicker.

ontrac

Td 12

I own a TD 12. It has the DT466. my book shows 28,000 lbs with Cab and air. It weighs more with the rippers. I have all the specs for width and height and gage. I think your looking at the one I looked at a year ago when the undercarriage was shot. They since did some work but upped the price 10k. I saw a 2004 with cab and air and fire system sell for 19k last week it was a deal. My buddies is a newer 12 and weighs 33k with rippers and six way blade, no cab. The six way is nice, and so is the winch. If it is the dozer I am thinking i would shoot around 20k they have had it a while with no takers. Quick guess without going to shop to get manual. Tracks 96 wide, 10' blade,72 inch gage, 9.3psi with 16 inch, 8.2 with 18inch pads, I believe that one has 22 inch pads maybe 6-7psi ground pressure. 22 was the max. see mine at www.ontracdozer.com Hp is NET 110 below 6000 ft. non turbo. my buddies is a cxp and is 152hp, mine I am not sure yet, it was a state machine and was upgraded belived to be a TD15 engine. pump numbers tells what hp. A good sized machine and easy to work on.

ScottAR

The ad is Car Kam equipment down in Palenstine near Forrest City.
I seem to remember their listing it awhile back with bad tracks.
20K was around my thinking...
If I'm reading you correctly, the blade angled would make this a
legal width move? That would be a plus even though it would be
moved infrequently.

ontrac

I do not think it will angle enough, to be under 102 I think my buddies is 107. I turn my other dozer at a slight angle on the trailer and it does fine. Its the same one.

ScottAR

That ought to work...
Anything I ought to check on the trans/final engine specific to
this machine?

ontrac

Just look it over good and see if the levers are set about the same when clutching and braking. It should have a pressure gauge and it will joggle when changing. See if it has a turbo engine, Check all forward and reverse gears 3 each. Just use good sense and look at overall condition, I am also worried when ther are fresh repairs. I think they are inflating the price of repairs, you could put all new undercarriage for what they are claiming. Try to get manuals they cost alot. If it has any leaks at the finals get scared, it could mean problems. Overall these machines are as good as they get for durability.