• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dresser td7 rock guard removal.

deaddrummer

I'm having trouble with the big through bolts on the side of the guard. 1 1/8 inch size. Are they bolts that go all the way through? I got the nuts off and beat on the bolts a bit but they barely moved. Inside looks like a pipe they run through but they have flat spots like they've been worn or something. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

MarcusZ1967

Occupation
Do-All
20240507_064750.jpg
This is the 175C guard setup. Had to take the guards off a TD340, same setup, and they were packed with dirt/rust, sprayed with 50/50 then beat with a hammer.

deaddrummer

The track hinges are grinded right up to the pin from hitting the rock guard. Seems like they'll be ok once I replace the rollers. Only two rollers weren't completely flopping around. Please let me know your opinions if you don't mind. It's my first dozer.

deaddrummer

Is it hard to replace the tension spring? One side springs back. I have to use a pipe and the blade to hold it back. The other is loose. I took out the zerk when I pushed it back but no grease came out. I assumed it might.

MarcusZ1967

Occupation
Do-All
You replacing the full under carriage?
What does your sprocket and front idler look like?
The lack of spring is hopefully just bad seals on that side.

175C
20240511_055315.jpg

The rollers are impacting the chain pin bosses.
Do you have the manuals?
Somewhere I've got the books on a TD8E that would be closer to your machine. If I can find them I'll see about getting pics for ya.