• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dresser TD7 or TD8 side screen, ideas or pictures?

Jaybo

Occupation
Compost Facility Operator
I am going to have my fab guy put screens (1.5" rock screen) on the sides of my operator area. I did a google image search, Machinery trader search, etc and could not find any pictures of what others have done for side screens. Looking for ideas of attachment since the ROPS is in farther from the outside of the machine. Anyone have any pictures of a TD7 or 8 with side screens? I'm sure I can come up with something, but perhaps there is something better instead of recreating the wheel :)

Thanks!

thn43

I have a TD8E with side screens and a bad engine grown up in weeds, I may can get some pictures to help you. If I have enough sense to send them to you.

shopguy

I have a TD8E with side screens and a bad engine grown up in weeds, I may can get some pictures to help you. If I have enough sense to send them to you.
Does it have good cylinders that would be for sale ?

Jaybo

Occupation
that's sort of what I was thinking just doing standoffs on the ROPS although I wouldn't want to block my way of getting out :)

JFoshee

I am currently building some for mine. They will not stand out like the ones above but instead look more factory. I will try to post a pic soon.

JFoshee

I am currently building some for mine. They will not stand out like the ones above but instead look more factory. I still need to cut the expanded metal to put in them, but plan to do that tomorrow. Next is the limb risers:)
Dresser TD 7H side screens (1).jpg Dresser TD 7H side screens (2).jpg Dresser TD 7H side screens (3).jpg

Last edited:

Jaybo

Occupation
jfoshee, Yeah you have the H model where the ROPS is on the outer edges of the machine. Earlier models were inset about a foot so its not as simple for fabbing them up so they don't interfere with levers and hydraulic tank filter access. Don't know what you are using as far as size of expanded metal but I didn't like it becuase it interferes with visability. I went to a rock quarry and got some used 1.5" square rock screen. It's heavier and more durable than expanded metal too. We will start on fabbing ours this coming week.

JFoshee

Sorry. Didn't realize they were different. I waanted the square, but since I was buying new I couldn't justify the price difference of over $100. This expanded is raised and it's heavy. I agree visibility will not be as good. But for the difference in price I will have to live with it. I will try to post some pics tomorrow to update.

Jaybo

Occupation
The piece I got was the $20 I slipped the worker that pulled it out of the scrap pile. and its big enough to do both sides. Its not new but a little wire wheel work and some paint .. :)