• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dresser TD-7H: Lovin' It

prudog

Many thanks to those that answered my questions at the end of the summer. I bit the bullet and picked up my first dozer to use around the farm. I have been nothing but pleased so far. However, I still don't know much about the fluids on this machine and have been unable to secure a Operator's Manual.

She has about 2100 hours and was apparently better taken care of than I had imagined. A few hours in the woods and I had all the corners skinned up really nice. I am now embarrassed how I was treating my tractor. ;)

I finally cleaned up the upper end of my pond. For those that like pics, I hope this works out for ya:
http://picasaweb.google.com/prudog/AppleGroveFall2008#

td8

Banned
I have owned a td 8 for the past 10 years.The old dresser's might not have all the bells an whistles like the newer dozer's have but they get the job done.

JimInOz

Td7

HI John,
Nice dozer...thanks for the pictures.It seems the TD7/TD8 line has stood up well over the years.I hope yours gives you great service.
Go to the Construction forum at Redpower Magazine Forums to get any advice you need.Pictures are welcome there too...

Jim

FWD

I have a TD9-H and I like it very much. I use Tractor Transmission oil in the transmission. This is like IH Hy-Tran fluid. I think you can use that in the hydraulics too. The final drives use 80-90 gear oil. I'll look in my book for sure what they say to use in the transmission and hydraulics.

FWD

prudog

There is not doubt that a 1998 Dresser TD-7H has a serious identity crisis when searching for items. As best as I can tell, this 1998 machine is an "International Komatsu Dresser" although I just found my first connect with any literature for a TD-7H @ Big Dogs Manuals, which is a 2000 Dressta TD-7H. My VIN plate says "Komatsu Dresser." I believe the manual is only 20 something pages, but I am taking a chance on luck for $20. It appears that the manual covers several series, maybe FWD, is your manual also for 7H?

Not even my dealer could find a manual. What they could find, though, was a price of $250 EACH for armrests and $600 for headliner in operator station. I wanted it to be perfect, but not that perfect!

I have already developed a seep around a distribution manifold block (3 lines) between the track and the chassis. This was caused when I allowed small trees to get wedged in that space. I suppose if it aint broke, don't fix it. It is amazing how you can suddenly have trees and limbs trying to impale you if you are not paying attention. I love that single decelerator/brake pedal, which functions as an "oh crap" stop action for anything.

FWD

I checked in my operator's manual, it says Hydraulic-Transmission oil in both transmission and hydraulics and it say 10W engine oil as an alternative. 30 engine oil in the rollers and idlers. 80-90 or 85-140 in finals. Mine is a 98 TD9H so they are very similar mechanically.
Good luck!
FWD

prudog

still looking for manual

I was so quick to order that manual, that when I got my confirmation and looked again, I realized it was for a TD-7H torque converter.:pointhead

BTW, thanks FWD. I might need to add a little hydraulic fluid when I start back. Might be a while with all this rain!! I always stock 5 gallons of extra Deere fluid in the barn that I use in my tractor, which I suspect would work fine. The Cummins engine does not appear to be using oil after about 50 hours of operation (knock on wood).

surfer-joe

Ya know, I always likes the small International dozers. But I do have a gripe about them. They were fine way back when I was young and somewhat smaller than I have been the last few years. But the last couple I operated, the damn seat would not go back far enough to be comfortable. I kinda felt like the monkey with the football you know. Other than that, loved the power, controls and the way the machines worked.

farmerdave217

TD7H Track Rails

Just picked up new lubricated aftermarket track rail chains & bolt kit for $3,100 for my TD7H dozer

RDG

Occupation
Multi skilled plant operator for 40+yrs
I spent some time on a TD 8E when they first came out in NZ, was amighty little machine. Have since been on Cat D3, Kom D31 & Case 850 and would put the TD 8 at the top of the list if I was looking for a small dozer in that size, very manouverable and operator friendly not like some of the others.

SterlingR

Formerly DRESSTA1
Your local dealer should be able to supply you with an operators manual. The fluid type is the same for the 7,8 and 9. It does not matter if it is a direct drive or torque convertor.