• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dreams/Nightmares

catkicker

Occupation
Crane Operator
Wondering if some of the crane operators here ever have dreams about operating. Over the last 10 years or so i have had 4 or 5 dreams that I can remember, unfortunately there not good ones like being in the seat of something like a Manitowoc 31000 doing a near max capacity lift it goes great I get the big bonus and my picture in the paper.:cool: LOL!
I don't know what triggers them but just once I would like to have one that does not involve some kind of near disaster or worse a a disaster of epic proportions.
last night I had a dream some parts were pretty sketchy and other parts were shockingly real to me. It was enough to keep me awake for about a hour before I get back to sleep.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Naa, my dreams are typically complete nonsense, random, disconnected tidbits of this that and the other that makes no sense in the real world. I wake up and ask "what the %&# was that?" lol

One time though, years ago, was pouring concrete with a bucket. Wife told me I moved my legs and arms all through the night and kept her awake. bah ha ha ha :D

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Dreamed I went home with a Beautiful woman.Next morning was sober WTH where did this ugly beast come from?
But I did dream once about a bridge here.In my dream it was destroyed.Scary part was a few years later it was.A Semi took out the side supports.One section hit the ground.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Naa, my dreams are typically complete nonsense, random, disconnected tidbits of this that and the other that makes no sense in the real world.

So are your posts...

:lmao

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
every once in a while, i will have a vivid, epically scary dream about operating a tower crane and having it fall. hate those dreams.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
every once in a while, i will have a vivid, epically scary dream about operating a tower crane and having it fall. hate those dreams.

DO you hit the ground? or do you wake up Qball??

Shoot if Atco is supposed to be spealing rubbish then I must be talking absolute.............................

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
stock, i wake up with a jolt. my ex told me i would scream, too.

Bullpuncher

On the road but own a house in Gainesville, Florid
Occupation
Construction Quality Assurrance
I dream about work all the time. My ex usta hear me talking in my sleep about it. Stuff like " are you sure those forms only weigh 6'000 lbs" or "don't worry boss man we'll make up the diffrence in the next joint". She started freaking out when I started firing laborers in my sleep though...

Aliate

my ex says i get angry when im sleeping and mumble curse words lol. Usually I have dreams involving heavy equipment. One I can remember was I felt like it was the end of the world, like zombies were attacking or something and I was looking for a vehicle and I found a yard full of mobile cranes and I woke up before I could jump in one =((((((