• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

dozer suggestions

hardtail

NMM I'll jump in the mix and offer some advice, sounds like this clean air regs thing in CA is starting to kick in, the boys from there will confirm, as well as Texas on ag tractors, anyway a guy from up here just transported up 2 D8K's from CA, said the price has seriously dropped from a year ago, they will have to repower or move out of state, anyway for your own farm/tree operation it is likely you won't have to abide by these future laws for your state if you operate 100 hrs or less a year.

Beautiful country:)are those trees all full grown? Ag tractors that qualify for a Fed replacement program must have a hole drilled in the block and frame cut in two.

http://cgi.ebay.com/international-c...ryZ97121QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Note the ad you will need to modify the engine or operate it outside of CA, for the record for the type of work you'll be doing I'd go with a dozer and winch. I think in the near future these older machines will go for little more than scrap prices and a whole lot newer machine than this.

Last edited:

nmmountainman

nmmountainman

hardtail-
thanks for the heads up on the new regulations going into effect. These are for tx and ca? this may really cause the market price to fall. I'll have to keep my eyes open. especailly b/c texas is so close
Most of my trees are Ponderosa, there probably 30yrs old, Ponderosa get MUCH bigger, they can live will over 100 yrs and will keep growing in size.
thanks again,

cat-peter-
thanks for the complement. it took me a long time to find my land, but in the end I was searching another piece and found the land I bought by mistake. I am super happy w/ my land and bought 2 of the 3 surrounding pieces next to my original property. Now I have one neighbor and all of the other property around my land is national forest.

hardtail

I believe the regs that will affect the heavy equipment is for CA only, the ag tractor trade it seems is a fed program. But if guys are going from Alberta and trucking back Cats there must be money to be saved given fuel prices these days.

The IH TD14 wasn't a teaser? :D

nmmountainman

the international was definately a teaser! especially given the price it was going for. but its the cats, jd and case that I've been watching more. I don't know much about the internationals. When does this new regulation go into effect? does it just effect the older equipment?

hardtail

Well I thought the regs would still be a couple years away yet, but given the wording unless because it was a civic unit it maybe starting now.

I would think this could effect units right up to the 80's likely, after that a modify/repower might look better. From my understanding some of the future regs detail engines that haven't even been developed yet?

I'm not in the US but I know enough that CA may well get the ball rolling for this to be shoved down all our throats one day:Banghead

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums JEFF PRYCL! :drinkup

petersfamilytru

If I were you, I would look for a D6C (10K serial number). I have a D6D that is a great dozer, but you aren't going to find one worth having with your budger restrictions. However, the above vintage D6C has the same engine as the D model and is a great older Cat.

It may take some searching, but with a little luck, you may just find a nice D6C in your price range.

Happy Hunting!

www.petersfamilytrucking.com

JEFF PRYCL

Thanks For The Welcome

countryboy, thanks for the welcome. have been playing with questionable old equipment for a long time. oh the joy to be old. have bought a TD25 E with international 817c with crank problems. would like to switch to an N14 cummins. can anyone help. thanks again, jeff

lew

I prefer john deere myself. You tend to get the most for your dollar in my opinion. But if you are working with a budget of 15k then I would look for an older case dozer. The resale doesnt seem to be quite as good so you should be able to pick one up resonable and still have a decent machine to boot.

td8

Banned
I would get a international or dresser TD15 if u want a good mid size dozer or a TD8e if u want a smaller 6-way blade dozer. I've owned and operated a TD8e for about 10 years i've built ponds,roads, dug basements,and a lot of clearing with it.I,ve had good luck with it and i,ve ran cat,deere and it will hold its own with any of them.

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
Cat dozer

I'd get a used D6 or so they are about bullet proof. More later the missus wants the computer.