• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dozer Oil?

Bandit44

I am going to change the transmission and hydraulic oil in a 550H John Deere dozer and the book says it uses 10w40 motor oil in both, I was just wondering what kind of oil most of you use? I would have thought it would have used hydraulic oil, but the manual says motor oil.

02Dmax

I'd go with what the manual says. In some of our CAT stuff we run motor oil in everything.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
X2---make sure you get the right specs on that 10/40.I have all Deere iron and was just told at Con-expo in Hartford by the company that makes drivetrains for Deere{Zur---something},it's preferable for instance to use engine oil in my transaxle on my 410G over hydraulic oil.