• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dozer D4G LGP

Bhoyrob

Hello guys..Need some help here..I have an issue on the machine that when I turn off the parking brake the right track will move only on reverse no forward,and the left track has no movement at all and the joystick is on neutral.And it shows 251 on the disgnostics.I hope you could help me on this...thanks

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
You may have a wiring fault that is causing the speed sensor code, in which case replacing the sensor will not fix the problem.
As a first step try simply unplugging the left track speed sensor electrical connection, clean it throughly with contact cleaner and reconnect.

Bhoyrob

Hello there its me again,by the way the serial no.5XK33312 I did what you told me Nige clean the connection with contact cleaner and removed and check the proportional solenoid of the piston pump for the right drive motor and put it back,still the same problem.Could it be the joystick but it does'nt shows any fault?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
5XK33312 is actually the engine Serial Number. The tractor S/N is FDC00311.

Try the attached troubleshooting procedure. This comes from your 251 Diagnostic Code for LH Speed Sensor. See if this indicates that the speed sensor is at fault.

Attachments

• CID154 FMI08.pdf
    155.4 KB · Views: 9

Bhoyrob

Thanks Nige,Ive already did the procedure before I join the forum.There is no more fault regarding the left sensor of the LH drive motor its already OK,but what supposed to be the issue is when I started the engine and off the parking brake switch the RH track will start to move backwards eventhough the joystick is on neutral and the LH track sit still without motion.Is it the drive pump or the drive motor is faulty?

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
wow that is a completely different problem from what I read in the post.
Are you saying that the machine turns the track as soon as the engine is started without touching the joystick?

Bhoyrob

Yeah that's right Mark,before this problem already exist and it shows 251 on the diagnostics so I try to clear it out according to the manual and it shows 222 after doing that.So were in business but when I started the machine and tick off the parking brake switch the RH Track suddenly goes to reverse w/out touching the joystick. Thats really odd...Any idea where this is coming from???

Mark250

Occupation
lets try and isolate the problem to a certain area
remove the two coils with harness attached from the rear pump and start the machine
let us know what happens
upload_2020-8-3_17-31-34.png

Last edited:

Bhoyrob

Ok thanks a lot really for spending some time with me,I'll do it tomorrow and let you know guys..

Bhoyrob

Hello guys,hopin doin well...Ive just did what Mark told me to do with the machine by removing 2 coils and started the machine,still it moves same problem before even the joystick in neutral.And I also noticed that when I touched the pump its hot compare to the first pump which is cool.Is it the pump that has a problem?

Mark250

Occupation
hi looks like you have isolated the problem to the pump
you have a few options from here depending on your skill level with using tools
1/you can call in help to remove and repair pump
2/ you can isolate the problem further.

if you go with option 2, this is what I would do
remove the four cap screws from the solenoid groups from both pumps and swap them.
you have to be careful as there are small o rings and a feed back lever to engage
if the problem moves with the swap that is the problem
if the problem stays where it is it is a mechanical issue internal to the pump
upload_2020-8-11_8-36-39.png
upload_2020-8-11_8-40-23.png

Chris Blakely

Hey guys,
I’m working on a d7 dozer. I had to pull out the steering, ripper, tilt and blade lift valves out due to a broken bolt going down all the manifolds causing a leak. Hoses are all back in the right position, hydro level where it should be and I’m using the right weight. I have dozer tilt but dozer won’t lift and I don’t have steering. Tried to bleed air out of the system for awhile today and still nothing. Anyideas?
Thank you.

Bhoyrob

remove the four cap screws from the solenoid groups from both pumps and swap them.
you have to be careful as there are small o rings and a feed back lever to engage
View attachment 222426
View attachment 222427
I

View attachment 222426
View attachment 222427
I removed the pump for repair while removing the 4 cap screws of the solenoid Ive noticed that the slot where the lever is engaging is not centered.Do I have to adjust the servo??

Mark250

Occupation
The actuator is centred by large springs. for it not to be in the center position could mean that a spring is broken, the actuator could be seized in the housing or the swash plate has locked upupload_2020-8-13_7-56-22.png

Bhoyrob

For example the actuator is the culprit.It can be repaired?or you have to buy a new pump.By the way there is a locknut(17mm)with hex key in it.Can it be adjusted to make it center?

Bhoyrob

Good day to all.I have assembled the pump and install it to the machine.The movement of the right track alone is gone,when I released the parking brake.But still the machine does'nt move and I checked the diagnostic led there's no active fault.I dont know if Im getting enough pressure coz I dont have the exact fittings for the pressure test port.What should I do then???

Bhoyrob

I had dismantled the pump and adjust the actuator and put it into center and assembled it.Install to the machine and the issue before was gone.So it was the actuator not fully centered that why the right track move backward when parking brake is released. But then the machine still not moving both forward and reverse.Id checked the diagnostic led and shows only 222 which there's no active fault.Does it mean there is something wrong with the pressure...(charge pressure)???? Do I have skmething to adjust to make it work?