• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Doosan DX140 LC vs Deere 330C LC

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
MJ what part of the state is the property located in? I know a few independent mechanics around the Birmingham area.

As far as Doosan goes the dealer for Central and North AL is R&M Equipment in Birmingham and I'll just let that speak for itself..o_O. Any parts you'll need other than GET will more than likely have to be ordered.

Couldn't agree more of removing all the stumps and debris if you are going to put cattle on it. The last thing you want is stump holes all over the place waiting to catch a leg. I would imagine stump grinding 100 acres would run well over $100K.

The best dealer presence since you will need a dealer at some point in ownership as it's heavy equipment and it will break down in order of size and locations.

Thompson - Cat
TEC - Komatsu
Cowin Equipment - Volvo, Case, Kobelco
Warrior Tractor - John Deere

Any other brand will have revolving dealers in my experience. Personally I would stick with one of the brands above.

Michael Jenkins

CM1995- Im about an hour and half from Bham area. Im down in Lafayette, right outside opelika and auburn. Where are you ?
Yeah i have talked with R&M equipment and they never returned my call, so im assuming their not too good of a dealer.
I thinking on getting a Komatsu now, they seem to be good machines and hold their values.
Thank you for you input and im pretty postive i will stick with one of the above brands for sure.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
CM1995- Im about an hour and half from Bham area. Im down in Lafayette, right outside opelika and auburn. Where are you ?
Yeah i have talked with R&M equipment and they never returned my call, so im assuming their not too good of a dealer.
I thinking on getting a Komatsu now, they seem to be good machines and hold their values.
Thank you for you input and im pretty postive i will stick with one of the above brands for sure.

Know the Auburn/Opelika area well, graduated from Auburn many moons ago.:D. I'm in the Birmingham area.

Komatsu is a good hoe. I know Thompson has a branch in Opelika but not sure TEC does but I bet there is a TEC branch in Columbus.

Michael Jenkins

yes sir I love Auburn, if i had the time i would go get my BS there. but my little associates is serving me fine. I would like to say i was an alumni though.
Yeah i hope it serves me well while i have it, made the deal today with the guy and im getting it on Wednesday.
Im gonna have to look now that i know for certain that i am getting the Komatsu. Hopefully there is one in columbus!